Vida y Gozo Start Up Year
Your strategic partners, the Bello family, have been serving in the Dominican Republic for 20 years directing National Teen Ministries -- reaching thousands of students, seeing hundreds of youth leaders mentored, and dozens of churches establish healthy teen ministry. For these 20 years, Berly has been producing Christian music, mentoring worship leaders and bands, making a distinct impact in lives and culture through his gifting. In the past 6 years, Jamie has developed the Uconexion university ministry -- leading its expansion to multiple campuses across the country, discipling students to lead hundreds of small groups, seeing dozens of students come to Christ each semester. In 2020, alongside these ongoing national ministries, God has led the Bellos to start a new church plant project -- Comunidad Vida y Gozo (Life & Joy Community).
Church Plant Project
Watch the short 2 minute video to hear them share their heart for planting this church in the Arroyo Hondo community of Santo Domingo, a city of over 3 million people.
The Venue = $2,500/month
Would you, your family or your church prayerfully consider giving a month's worth of rent?
: raise start up year investment within 3 months
MARK DONATION: Class 64, Church Plant
Rest of Start up costs (besides rent): $30,000
Our Dominican VG Launch Team is raising money for the renovation. We are better together. Let's partner and reach this community for Jesus.
- Renovation of Venue (floor, ceiling, cooling & electrical) = $14,000
- Audio / Media Equipment = $10,000
- Kid's Min & Nursery = $2,750
- Chairs / Tables = $2,250
- Signage = $1,000
Pray for our summer outreach / connection opportunities with unchurched families:
- Summerfest at Home -- 3 weeks of digital camps for kids on Zoom
- Friday Fun Day -- an hour of games with kids every Friday on Zoom
- Café con las Chicas -- moms' coffee hour -- Jamie leading conversation with the book "Super Mom Myth" (online until we can move to a living room or coffee shop)
- Alpha -- online conversation for adults discussing questions of faith
- BBQs -- *still on standby* as we await covid protocols; we hope to open up our yards to the neighbors