Dear <<First Name>>
2014 Cherry Blossom Forecast from JNTO
In this issue:
News from Japan
Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) presents the 2014 Cherry Blossom Forecast
- an interactive map showing the date of first bloom of the cherry blossoms in major tourist cities around Japan. Clicking on each city will also show trends over the past 10 years for the date of first bloom and date of full bloom.
We hope this map will come in handy if you need to advise your clients on the best time to see cherry blossoms in Japan during their stay. Note the dates may vary based on weather conditions.
Ryokan Experience launched
, which launched this month with 25 ryokan in Kyoto, is the first online booking system for ryokan (traditional Japanese accommodations). The number of participating ryokan is expected to increase up to 100 within the year. Staying at a ryokan is a real cultural experience that no traveller should miss when visiting Japan. In the past, it was often difficult to book ryokan, due to the small number of rooms in each property and their traditional reservation methods. Ryokan Experience aims to overcome such barriers so more travellers can discover the unique charm of ryokan.
'Omotenashi' - the spirit of true Japanese hospitality
Japan-wide Wi-Fi Rental for 888 yen a day at New Chitose Airport
Telecom Square has launched a flat-rate 888 yen a day Wi-Fi Router Rental service only at New Chitose Airport, a 30% saving off the regular price of 1,260 yen per day. This service is perfect for travellers who want to stay online in Japan without worrying about having to find free Wi-Fi hot-spots.
The 4G LTE routers provide customers high-speed internet access, which can be shared across 10 devices so it is ideal for small groups. The 888 yen a day service applies to the 'Wi-Ho! City Type' routers. If your clients are travelling to rural areas they may have to opt for the 'Wi-Ho! Wide Type' routers, available for 1,580 yen per day.
Nagano Snow Resort Pass
- Online applications for the Wi-Fi Rental service must be received before Friday, 28th February 2014.
- Unit must be picked up at New Chitose Airport
NAGANO SNOW RESORT PASS is a convenient and economical pass which allows the unlimited rides on all buses and trains on the designated sections of designated lines in the Nagano area. For example, from Hakuba it could be used to visit Snow Monkey Park, Togakushi Shrine, Obuse Town or Zenkoji Temple.
Period of use:
Until 31st March 2014
Pass types and prices:
|2-day Pass (consecutive days)
|3-day Pass (any 3 days within a 2 week period)
- Nagano City Tourist Information Center (JR Nagano Station, 2nd Floor)
- Kita Alps Information Center (Near Hakuba Station)
- Happo Information Center (In Happo Bus Terminal) (+81-261-72-3066)
- Hakuba Goryu Tourist Association (In Kamishiro Station)
- Tourism Commission of Hakuba Village (In Hakuba Village Office) (+81-261-72-7100)
- Tsugaike Kogen Tourist Association (Near Tsugaike Kogen Bus Stop)
Nozawa Onsen Village:
More information and timetables
- Nozawa Onsen Tourism Association (Near Nakao Bus Stop)
or download the PDF flyer here
Japan Holidays’ Wildflowers, Walks & Wonders Tour
Give your clients the Japan trip of a lifetime on Japan Holidays’ Wildflowers Walks & Wonders Tour. Be dazzled by the sprawling metropolis of Tokyo, bask in the magnificent scenery of the Japan Alps, discover hidden World Heritage Listed thatched-roof villages and walk in the footsteps of samurai on this 16-night fully escorted tour of Japan visiting Tokyo, Matsumoto, Yudanaka Onsen, Shirakawago, Gokayama, Kanazawa and Kyoto.
Sat 7th June – Mon 23rd June
From $4,725 twin-share excluding airfares & taxes
Tour flyer: Download PDF
Tours are 10% commissionable for travel agents. For bookings or enquiries contact Japan Holidays on firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 07 3300 2396
Have a great weekend!
JNTO Sydney Office