Common Council Seeking Citizen Members for Boards and Commissions
The South Bend Common Council is seeking citizen members of several Boards and Commissions, including the Human Rights Commission, Redevelopment Commission, and others. Must be available to attend meetings, serve for the full term (one to four years), and have relevant interest and background.
Applications are due Wednesday, Feb. 21. Read more
, or apply online now
Mayor’s Night Out Thursday, Februrary 22
From the Mayor’s Office: The next Mayor’s Night Out, featuring Mayor Pete Buttigieg and other city officials, will be held on Thursday, February 22 at 5:30 p.m. Residents are invited to come have a five-minute one-on-one conversation with the Mayor as well as City department heads and staff.
- Thursday, February 22 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Dickinson Intermediate Fine Arts Academy – 4404 Elwood Ave.
For more information, click here or call 311.
Near West Side Neighborhood Association Meeting Tuesday, Feb. 27
The Near West Side (West Washington) Neighborhood Association is growing, and invites all neighborhood residents to attend their meetings on the last Tuesday of every month. Next meeting:
- Tuesday, February 27, 7:00 pm
- Basement, St. Paul’s UMC (1001 W. Colfax)
Near Northwest Neighborhood Events
Friends of the NNN, save the date(s) for these Spring events:
Your Neighborhood Event Could Be Here
Is your neighborhood organization getting the word out about upcoming meetings or events? Let NRC know how we can help! Email NRC at email@example.com.
Mayor Pete to deliver State of the City address on March 13
Looking for an easy and informative way to keep up with what's going on with city government? May we recommend the Mayor's annual State of the City address, which provides a lot of helpful information in one evening. Tuesday, March 13 at 6:00 p.m. @ John Adams High School. Bonus: refreshments afterward! Details.
NRC seeks crafty volunteers, donations of outdoor items
The warm weather a couple of weeks ago had us thinking about Spring, and NRC has a few slightly-secret plans up our sleeve for the 2018 block party season. To make those happen, we could use the support of our South Bend neighbors. Do you have (or know of) any of these outdoor items that could be donated to bring South Bend neighborhoods closer?
- Tailgate-type pop-up canopy
- Outdoor tables (folding or portable, but sturdy)
- Portable PA sound system or powered speakers
- Inverter generator (portable, +/- 1000-2000 watts, <60 dB)
- Portable volleyball net/ball
- Outdoor sign frames (realtor style, insert your own design)
If so, please let us know! Used (good condition, or easily repaired) is fine.
Also needed: crafty people, like woodworkers. If you have the skills and the time to build, say, cornhole boards, ladder golf, or similar projects (we have a few in mind), we’d love to hear from you, too.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail at 574-287-0425.
Calendar of Events
Save the Date:
- Monday, February 19 - President’s Day at the Museums. Free admission for youth 17 and under. Admission for adults on that day is “a Lincoln and a Washington” ($6). More information.
- Opens February 22 - Native Gardens, a good-natured comedy about new neighbors, border walls, and what it means to be American. Runs through March 4. More information.
South Bend Common Council Meetings
- Saturday, April 28, 6-10 p.m. Tapas and Tango -- save the date for NRC's flagship fundraising event!
- May 28-June 3 -- Best Week Ever.
St. Joseph County Council Meetings