|LET’S TURN THE WORLD GOLD
GOLD is the color of strength, courage and resiliency
GOLD is the symbolic color of childhood cancer
In September, every year, CCI members and the whole community
of childhood cancer champions, advocates and supporters
encourage iconic buildings,
historic landmarks, monuments, bridges and natural environments to
Go Gold by lighting them up in GOLD or
by hanging huge gold ribbons.
Show your # support4kidswithcancer, turn your homes, workplaces, schools, communities #GOLD4Kidswcancer, #GOLD4Hope
A number of you in Oceania, Europe and North America have been doing this as part of International Childhood Cancer Awareness Month celebrations for the past years. Last year, many more of you in Latin America, Asia and Africa, joined and supported the CCI international campaign to GO GOLD and Light Up Gold, Light Up Hope4kidswith cancer.
We invite you to share your stories about how you successfully TURNED your countries GOLD and created a GOLD GLOW of HOPE.
Send us your pictures and selfies so we can proudly display it
in our CCI website and social media platforms.
For the month of September, we encourage you to THINK GOLD in
8 other different ways...
1. POST this attached top MESSAGE in your facebooks, web sites and social media.
2. DISPLAY GOLD RIBBONS: the bigger, the better; the more visible, the better; the more creative, the more attractive it will be.
3. WEAR anything GOLD, take a selfie, POST and SHARE.
4. Invite your social media friends to LIKE the GOLDEN VOICES of WE ARE ONE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBzuYXCEDis&index=2&list=RD6JOAGrjZl-Q
5. Bring your families, friends, communities together. CREATE instant HUMAN GOLD RIBBONS.
6. Create joyful GOLDEN MOMENTS for families of children/adolescents with cancer and the survivors.
7. TWEET and SHARE GOLD NUGGETS of WISDOM from STORIES of parents, families, caregivers and survivors.
8. SPEND a GOLDEN DAY with a survivor, a child with cancer or their family.
Lets all work together, in whatever way we can, so that in every corner of the world it is known and remembered
As they say, hope is the most powerful medicine -
the best gift we can give to kids with cancer and their families.
Hope that there will be a tomorrow.
Hope for a brighter and healthier future .
Hope for a future where working together,
we will stop avoidable deaths
and unnecessary pain/suffering
from childhood cancer.
Carmen and the CCI board