Correction to the upcoming Public Hearing
Mark Your Calendar
GWAC: Mike Barrett and Marc Breslow on the Carbon Tax
They will focus on its impact on consumers.
Monday, October 6 , 7:30 to 9 pm
Cary Library in Lexington
Sustainable Middlesex: "Preparing our Communities for Extreme Climate Change"
Saturday, November 1, 9:30 to 12:30 am
Jenks Center in Winchester
Reports from around the world documenting weather-related disasters necessitates planning for our local communities. It is crucial that we examine all aspects of community life that will be impacted by ongoing climate change and future extreme weather events. To this end we have put together a panel of experts in the health, business, energy, and development fields to inform and guide our way. Our goal is to influence local decision makers and the citizenry they represent to develop sustainable actions that will make our communities strong in the face of the effects of climate change, both incremental and sudden.
- Keynote by Brian Swett, Chief of Environment and Energy Services, Boston
- Moderator, Jim Braude, WGBH and NECN
- Kathy Baskin, Director of Water Policy, MA Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Suzanne Condon, Associate Commissioner, MA DPH and Director of the Center for Environmental Health
- Marie Jordon, Senior Vice President, National Grid Cynthia McHale, Director of Insurance Program, CERE
Sustainable Middlesex: Program TBD
This meeting will be followed by a meeting of Citizens' Climate Lobby, 12 to 3 pm, same room.
Saturday, December 6, 9:30 to 12:00
Cary Library in Lexington:
Sustainable Belmont is an all-volunteer organization that has regular discussions, workshops and presentations to enable the community to be environmentally sustainable. Meetings and events are open to the public.
Kate Bowen, Chair
Darrell King, Co-Chair
John Kolterman, Adviser
In nature nothing exists alone. — Rachel Carson