Copy


Philippine Frontline Ministries 
  Our Weekly Why
      A closer look at what we're really doing...

Clearance signing with Teacher Winnie
For the past few weeks the students at Frontline Christian Academy were so busy with submission of class requirements, it was obvious we were coming to the end of yet another school year. Looking back over this year at FCA gave us so many reasons to celebrate and thank God for His blessings.

Our student mix this year has been great, with 68% coming from the local community, and the other 32% coming from our ministry families and FTC (Face the Children) program. This is proving a great model to ensure appropriate socialization of the children we serve.

More fun In FCA
This year FCA began participating in the annual achievement tests of the Department of Education (DepEd). Among several other schools, one of our kindergarten students took first place in an oratory contest. We were also amazed to see, once again, many of the academic awards going to our FTC children; included in this were the valedictorian and salutatorian honors for senior high school, and the salutatorian honor for 6th grade! What a blessing it is to be part of the life change of these children.

FCA Competing in other School
The sports area has also been improving, and for the first time FCA students participated in the regional division meet. Our high school girls took 8th place out of more than 20 schools in volleyball competitions. One of our elementary girls was also chosen by the Regional Sports Committee to be part of a team to represent our city in the DepEd’s Athletic Association Annual Sporting Competition.

FCA Camp Retreat
In February, the high schoolers (in lieu of the traditional high school “prom”) participated instead in our own FCA camp retreat. We had a lot of fun and games, and also invited guests speakers to minister to the students, focusing on salvation, and the importance of building Godly relationships. Many students have testified to a change of life due to their involvement with FCA.

We currently have plans made, and are praying for provision for six new classrooms needed at the Frontline Ministry Center (where the FTC dorm homes are located). As the school grows we look forward to many new students enrolling.

Our ultimate goal however is not mere academic bragging rights, or a large student population, but rather... that we might reach more children and families with the love of God and a Christ-centered education. We are believing “growth” will mean a greater capacity for FCA as a school to provide sponsorships to more needy children who may otherwise never have a chance at a good education, or a better personal future.

With You in the Why,

Suggest a Story here

Weekly Why, Archive  

Our Weekly Why is published by:

Philippine Frontline Ministries 

PO Box 208

Sandwich, Illinois 60548

 

Copyright, 2010, All Rights Reserved