Following a sharp increase in COVID-19 infections across the capital, Kingston and all other London boroughs have been moved into Tier 4 - Stay at home.
This is an extremely serious situation and we must now do even more to protect each other, and reduce pressure on our hospitals and NHS staff.
It is critical we all follow the new restrictions to Keep Kingston Safe:
We know this is disappointing after a tough year, but now it is clear that the best we can do for our families is to keep our celebrations small, local and safe.
- Residents must stay at home as much as possible
- All gyms and indoor leisure facilities are now closed
- You can only leave for specific purposes: work (if you can't work from home), education, medical reasons (including to get a COVID-19 test), exercise, to buy groceries or other legally permitted reasons
- No mixing of households indoors
- You are only allowed to meet one other person from outside of your household in an outdoor public space
- No overnight stays outside your household or support bubble
- You must not leave your Tier 4 area, other than for legally permitted reasons
- All non-essential shops and close contact businesses, including hairdressers and nail salons are now closed
- These new restrictions mean that you can not meet anyone indoors over Christmas, you are only permitted to celebrate Christmas with your household or if you live alone you can meet with your existing support bubble.
The full list of restrictions is available on the GOV.UK website.
For information on council services please visit our website