A Spring in your step
Heading outside after a season of relative hibernation always inspires in me a desire to make things, grow things, go places (always!) and do things. Leaving the windows open, and hanging the washing out on the verandah, good intentions sometimes even turn into real life projects, which inspire other ideas, and so on it goes. With a chill in the air and the sun on my face, they all feel possible, and I can put all those hard days behind me. I love Winter, in lots of ways, but I do adore the renewal of this evergreen season.
Plus, the light is just beautiful! While my plans and intentions suffer regularly from uncertainty and undulating dreams, being surrounded by green grass and soft light pulls me in again and again. I had a fun hour last week photographing some children for the school billboard at my kids' primary school, and I'm planning another kids fashion shoot as we speak. Family photo sessions are perfectly timed for the Spring school holidays, as well as the 'wedding season' filling up my social media with eye candy and inspiration.
What are your favourite things about Spring?
A project that is close to my heart and which has been percolating in my mind for over a year now, 'Beautiful, Aspergers' will be a portrait project focusing on girls on the Autism spectrum (specifically high functioning and Aspergers). As well as relaxed, natural portraits I hope to include conceptual portraits to express any special interests the girls may have and quotes or interviews as well.
If you are a girl on the spectrum, or if you know a girl - of any age - who may like a (free) portrait session and is comfortable identifying with their diagnosis, please shoot me an email at email@example.com or phone 0404 015 675 for a chat :)
A Spring gift for you
To celebrate the freshness of Spring and all things new, I have a special gift offer for you in the month of September!
For every purchase of a $500 Curiouser gift certificate, receive an additional $250 gift certificate as my free gift to you. If you have any questions, simply shoot me an email and you can buy the gift certificates online here. You will receive two printed gift certificates by registered post, and multiple gift certificates can be redeemed in the same booking or purchase. Check out the 2014 pricelist to find out what beautiful wall art you could add to your home.
Another round of favourite discoveries!
- Finding words that resonate: â€œI want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing, as though I had wings.â€ - Mary Oliver. One of my favourite things is discovering new quotes and writers. Sometimes via pinterest and sometimes on Instagram. Occasionally even Facebook ;)
- I'm still watching various web-series on YouTube and my current favourite is 'Classic Alice', which has just returned from a break. It's cute and quirky, plus is literature focused which is kinda cool. Anyway, I enjoy it :) And with Emma Approved having recently finished, I love having a short show to look forward to every week.
- The Artsy Ants are some beautiful friends of mine from Hamburg, Germany and Georgia, USA and they have a gorgeous blog which I enjoy reading. As well as regular photo updates, you will find fun tutorials and activities as well as Sylvia's knitting and reading updates. Well worth a visit!
- The Baker's Drawer by Winnie & Co - currently on Pozible, these drawers are gorgeous and part of the creators' movement of kindness, which is just a lovely thing. On my wishlist.
- The Ghibli Museum was a personal favourite from our family trip to Japan in May this year. While we did a lot of kid-focused activities over our 11 day visit, the Ghibli Museum had such a unique and all-encompassing appeal. Just enchanting. If you visit Tokyo, though, and you want to visit the museum, do book ahead or you will miss out!