U.S. Biathlon announces teams for World Championships
IBU Cups 7 & 8
(February 16, 2015) -- US Biathlon is happy to announce the World Championship Team roster for the IBU Biathlon World Championships presented by BMW. The event will be hosted in Kontiolahti, Finland March 4 to 15 (more event info here: http://www.kontiolahtibiathlon.com/). The team will train in Norway until they travel to the World Championships on March 2.
"The team has a great mix of youth and experience," said Chief of Sport Bernd Eisenbichler. "We have podium proven athletes in Susan Dunklee, Lowell Bailey and Tim Burke. We have a very experienced 19 year-old junior athlete in Sean Doherty and Clare Egan had her first World Cup start at the end of January. With five of the team members already having top 20 finishes this season it looks promising for great results from both the women and the men and we are especially looking forward to opening the championships with the mixed relay on March 5."
- Lowell Bailey (Lake Placid, N.Y.)
- Tim Burke (Paul Smiths, N.Y.)
- Sean Doherty (Center Conway, N.H.)
- Leif Nordgren (Marine, Minn.)
- Annelies Cook (Saranac Lake, N.Y.)
- Hannah Dreissigacker (Morrisville, Vt.)
- Susan Dunklee (Barton, Vt.)
- Clare Egan (Cape Elizabeth, Maine)
US Biathlon is happy to announce the team for IBU Cups 7 & 8 in Canmore, Alberta, Canada, Feb 27 to March 7 (more information here: http://canmorebiathlon.ca/)
- Kelsey Dickinson (Winthrop, Wash.)
- Katrina Howe (Fort Kent, Maine)
- Maddie Phaneuf (Old Forge, N.Y.)
- Russell Currier (Stockholm, Maine)
- Ethan Dreissigacker (Craftsbury, Vt.)
- Patrick Johnson (Truckee, Calf.)
- Wynn Roberts (Battle Lake, Minn.)
- Casey Smith (Winthrop, Wash.)
About the U.S. Biathlon Association
The U.S. Biathlon Association (USBA) is the national governing body for the sport of biathlon in the United States and exists to support and encourage the development of biathlon and to prepare American athletes for international competition, including the Olympic Winter Games. Founded in 1980, USBA works with Biathlon Clubs and Regional Centers around the country to organize training and competition at the grass roots level and staffs and finances the US Biathlon Team, Development Team and Junior Team.
U.S. Biathlon would like to thank its sponsors and partners for their continued support: SPDR® State Street Global Advisors, Adidas, Lapua, and the US Olympic Committee. The following suppliers give our athletes what they need to succeed: Alpina, Fischer, One-Way, Polar, Rossignol, Salomon, United Airlines, and the Hilton Family of Hotels. For more information about US Biathlon, and live competition updates, please visit our USBiathlon.org and follow the team on Twitter or Facebook.