October 3, 2016
Thank you to those of you who have registered for conferences. For those of you who haven't yet set these important meetings up, please register by the end of the day on Thursday. For some classrooms, spots are becoming limited. You can find the directions for conference registration below. If you have any trouble with setting up your conferences, please contact Laura Atkins at email@example.com.
September 29, 2016
Dear St. Joseph Catholic School Families:
Our fall parent-teacher conferences are quickly approaching, and that means it’s time for us to begin scheduling conferences.
Conferences will be held on Wednesday, October 12, from noon to 8 pm, and Wednesday, October 19, from 8 am to 4 pm.
As we shared last week, new this year we will begin using an online reservation system that will allow you to pick and schedule the time you would like to meet. Using an online system will provide parents much more flexibility with appointment scheduling. Our new scheduling will also allow the opportunity for middle school families to meet with each of their child’s teachers. This year, our kindergarten and first-grade conferences will have just the teacher and parents; all other grades will be with the teacher, student, and parents.
Parents of students in K-5 will register for a 15-minute conference with their child’s homeroom teacher. Parents of middle school students will be able to arrange 6-minute meetings with each of the teachers their child has. Fifth grade families will also be able to set up conferences with Mrs. Cestnik (social studies) and Mrs. Hunt (English). If your child has the same teacher for more than one class, you’ll set up only one meeting with that teacher. One additional note, and this impacts only Mrs. Lewis’s sixth grade math class. Mrs. Lewis’s schedule will only allow for registration for 15-minute conferences. Though families will book a 15-minute conference, Mrs. Lewis’s sixth grade math conferences will only last six minutes, the same time as the other middle school conferences. If when you attempt to register for Mrs. Lewis’s conferences, you find that there are no times available, contact her and she will work with our office staff to get you entered into the online registration system.
If you have more than one child, we suggest that you schedule your conferences in the first couple days of conference registration so that you can find some back-to-back times.
To register for conferences, please click on the link provided below and follow the directions in the body of this email. Registration will be open until the end of the day Thursday, October 6.
Attendance at parent-teacher conferences is an expectation for all families. Families in grades 6-8 may choose not to attend sessions with all of their child’s different teachers, but we do expect each family to participate at some level in these fall conferences.
PICK-A-TIME CONFERENCE LINK: https://pickatime.com/stjoevanschool
If you would like to schedule a conference with one of our specialist teachers, please send an email requesting to meet, and the specialist teacher will get back to you with available times. Our specialist teachers will also be available throughout both conference days so you could also try to catch them without a scheduled appointment.
- Click on the URL link provided: https://pickatime.com/stjoevanschool
- Create an account. Write down your login details so you can use the conference system in the future with ease.
- Enter your Student’s ID. This will be the full first and last name of the student as it appears on your registration information or on your child’s report card. If the registration information submitted to school contained a hyphen in the name, you will need to use the hyphen in the student ID. For example: BenSmith. Note that there is no space between the first and last name.
- The birthday should be entered as follows: 01/02/1998.
- You should then see a colored screen with teachers and available time slots. Make sure to scroll down so you’re able to see all the spots available for each day.
- If you have more than one child and you’d like to see teacher availability for all of your children on the same screen before selecting conference times, add additional children in the same way you added the first.
- Simply select an available slot. If you have more than one child, select one slot for each child.
- Then, just log out.
- If you are having challenges with the system and are in need of tech support, you can contact Laura Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPECIALIST TEACHER EMAILS:
Amanda Cestnik (Technology): email@example.com
Emily Herrmann (Spanish): firstname.lastname@example.org
Patty Jayne (Health & PE): email@example.com
Jenn Larkin (Art): firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you at our conferences in the coming weeks.
God’s abundant blessings,
Joe Manning, Principal