Extended Care is open to all St. Joseph students in grades K-8. Since Extended Care is not a drop-in service, each child needs to be registered in advance for the specific days he or she will be attending.
If you’d like to enroll your child in extended care, please complete this registration form and bring it to the school office:
- This year Extended Care will be in room 16, out in the wing (formerly Mrs. Alkema’s fifth-grade classroom.) For drop-off and pick-up, you will need to park in the back/church parking lot. There will be a door bell on the side of the building for you to ring and a staff member will come open the doors.
- In the morning, students are to be walked into the building and signed in.
- We serve a light breakfast. Breakfast is served M, T, Th, F from 7 to 8 a.m. and Wednesdays from 7to 7:30 a.m.
- After school, students meet us downstairs in the cafeteria. We pick the kindergarteners up from their teachers and bring them to the cafeteria.
- After school each day, we will be taking students in grades 3 and up to do homework in Marian Hall. Homework is a priority for students in Grades 3-8 participating in Extended Care. All homework is completed before children are allowed to play or take part in activities, unless the Extended Care coordinator hears differently from you. For homework completion, we use the St. Ignatius room (Grades 3 & 4) and the St. Maria Goretti/St. Dominic rooms (Grades 5 & up). Since the main hall is often used and we don’t want to intrude, we ask that parents picking children up please enter from the outside doors on the right side of the building, across from our kindergarten classrooms. These doors will bring you directly into the St. Maria Goretti/St. Dominic rooms.
- We provide afternoon snack. We follow the FDA guidelines for after-school snack. Copies of our menus are available.
- We have several children in Extended Care with severe peanut/nut allergies. Therefore the children are only allowed to eat food we prepare and serve them. No outside food is allowed in Extended Care unless your child has special needs we cannot meet.
- We take the children outside whenever possible. Please make sure that your student has the appropriate outerwear.
- If we are outside, there will be a sign in the window. You can enter the playground on the west side of the building through the staff gate.
- While the older children are over in Marian Hall doing homework, the younger children are doing their homework, playing, or completing crafts in room 16.
- First day of school is Tuesday, August 30th. Students will need to bring a cold lunch. Remember: no peanut butter or nuts of any kind
- For the first week of school, kindergarten students enrolled in Extended Care will be in Marian Hall until 3 pm when the older kids are released. If you are going to need Extended Care for your kindergarten student, please let me know.
7:00 – 8:15 a.m. M-T-TH-F
7:00 – 7:45 a.m. W
3:00 – 6:00 p.m. M-T-TH-F
2:10 – 6:00 p.m. W
On half days, Extended Care will be open from when school is dismissed until 6:00 p.m.; a cold sack lunch is required for these days.
Extended Care is not offered on days there is no school.
Contact Information During Extended Care Hours:
- Room 16 (360)696-2586 ex 1416
- Bobbi Harrington: (360) 907-6115 (cell)
- Stacy Fajardo: (360) 609-1859 (cell)
If you have any questions, please contact: Bobbi Harrington
St. Joseph Extended Care Coordinator