WELL DONE, GONZAGA MOMS!
While the 2014-2015 school year is still fresh in our memory, we would like to express our gratitude to all the Gonzaga moms who have contributed their time and talent, in ways large and small, to the success of the mission of the Gonzaga Mothersâ€™ Club! Through your efforts, the GMC was able to give Father Planning an additional $25,000 at the end of the year making our grand total contributed to Gonzaga this year $226,885!
- $130,000 to Keeping the Promise Campaign
- $25,000 end of the year gift to Gonzaga
- $30,000 to Eye Street Renewal Project
- $13,500 for sound system in St. Alâ€™s
- $4,000 for Campus Ministry Office
- $4,335 for Instruments for the Band
- $17,500 to Student Council for Prom
- $750 for Photo Contest prizes
- $800 from Vineyard Vines Fundraiser
- We also were able to award $19,186 in summer stipends to members of the Gonzaga faculty and staff to fund their special projects, trips and continuing education.
- For the Father McKenna Center, we collected $2,019.10 in contributions at the Mass of Thanksgiving, donated $1,321 from bakes sales and GMC funds, and purchased 20 new blankets and pillows for the hypothermia unit.
- We also fed 20 homeless men at the McKenna Center each night from November through March and enjoyed bringing our families to serve dinner to the men.
- Thanks to your generosity at the Mother Son Celebration, the GMC was able to present a check for $7,341 to the Washington School for Girls, and we filled their bookstore with items that you donated at meetings.
- We collected and donated 11,860 diapers to the DC Diaper Bank.
- With Campus Ministry, we provided holiday gifts and gift cards to more than 40 families at the McKenna Center, the Washington School for Girls and others in our community through the Adopt-a-Family program.
- We raised $6,515 for the Modern Language Department at the International Food Fair.
We reached out to welcome all Gonzaga moms and had many new Moms attend meetings and registered over 500 GMC members! We mentored new moms, threw Get Acquainted Parties, and kept everyone informed with a wonderful monthly e-newsletter.
We fed students, faculty and parents wonderful light dinners and snacks throughout the year. We hosted receptions, events, and parties including The Purple Polar Express Gala which was the highlight of our year.
We hope that you had some fun and met new friends, and that you will continue to participate in events next year. We could not have been successful without your dedication and support. Thank you!
The 2014-2015 GMC Executive Board
Rose Cameron, Laura Brockwell, Fatu Tarawali, Mary Plantamura, Teresa Smith, Denise Siciliano, and Pia Clark.