After All, You Miss 100% of the Shots You Do Not Take ...
As many of you know, I am a published author.
In addition to being a social media consultant, advocate, and health coach, I've written two nonfiction health memoirs (Sick Idiot and Chronically Positive,) one fiction novel (To Exist,) and am a co-author on a published nonfiction anthology (Empowered in Pittsburgh.)
I've also just completed the first draft manuscript for my 4th book as a solo author (another fiction novel.)
What you may not know is that I was approached by a multimedia company out of New York City about partnering on a book-to-screen option. This would involve turning my fiction book To Existinto a screenplay, and then pitching it to movie agents and producers. This company has helped to do the same for Edge of Seventeen, Still Alice, Black Swan, Get Out, and more.
As a pat of the partnership, the Company will back 50% of the upfront costs associated with turning a (long) manuscript into a screenplay.
I am asking YOU to help me fund the rest of the costs by investing via my GoFundMe.
I cannot guarantee that this screenplay will be optioned -- but I can guarantee that if it does, I will never forget your kindness and generosity in helping to make my dreams come true.
What your donation will go towards:
- Adapting the novel into a film-or-TV-ready screenplay (script)
- Securing a book-to-screen agent to help pitch the adaptation once screenplay is complete
- Miscellaneous marketing and administrative costs
- Screenwriter costs associated with the screenplay adaptation process
- Any additional funds raised will go towards the editing costs of my fourth (untitled) fiction novel ($1200) and securing a VIP ticket to meet with book agents at the 2018 Pitch, Publish, Promote event in Pittsburgh ($1,495.)
Thank you in advance for investing in this amazing opportunity!