Quintanilla Middle School
2700 Remond Dr.
Dallas, TX 75211
Point of Contact:
- May 1st
- NEEDING 5 ENGINEERS - NO ONE HAS VOLUNTEERED TO HELP!
- 98% Hispanic students
- Really need Hispanic Professionals to come and encourage students to go to college and be successful in life!
8th Grade Counselor
Please CC firstname.lastname@example.org
Posler Elementary School
- May 14
- 8am - 12pm
- 15 Minute rotations
- Presenters stationary; group of 8-10 5th graders will rotate rooms
- Overview of presenter's job description, what you do, why you chose it, why that particular field, & some encouraging words for 5th graders going into 6th grade
- Importance of Education, Listening, Respect, Perseverance, etc.
NO ONE HAS VOLUNTEERED TO HELP!
Point of Contact
Counselor, Polser Elementary
Please CC email@example.com
Professional Development Events
Please fill out the following ONE QUESTION survey so your SHPE DFW Chapter can ensure to offer the speakers to provide the information you're most interested in hearing and learning about or simply wanting to engage in.
WE ONLY HAVE 8 RESPONSES...
WE CAN ONLY HELP YOU IF YOU LET US!!
WHAT RESOURCES DO YOU NEED, WANT, ARE INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT?!
CLICK HERE FOR SURVEY:
Thank you for your input in advance.
Nomination process is as follows:
1. Renew your SHPE membership with SHPE DFW or become a new SHPE DFW member by going to www.shpeconnect.org
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with your name and a short bio about yourself so our members can get to know you
Tentative Time Frame: May 4th - nominations will begin to be accepted.
May 23rd - nominations close.
May 30th - Elections at General Body Meeting
The current SHPE DFW Board will be having their monthly meeting
Lewisville Barnes and Noble
9am - 11 am
Come join us and see what all goes behind the scenes as a board member!
General Body Meeting (and Elections)
Technical Professional Development Workshop
Saturday, May 30th
4901 LBJ Dallas, TX
Workshop Topic: TBD
Scholarship NOW OPEN!!
Deadline to apply: May 23
- Be of Hispanic heritage and a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- High school seniors must have at least a GPA of 3.0 and college students must have at least a GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a full-time college student at a DFW college or university in the 2015-2016 academic year
- Pursue a degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, and physical or applied science
Please have applications visit:
Dallas ISD Volunteers:
You’re invited to register to support the inaugural Dallas ISD Superintendent’s Scholarship Run to help fund scholarships for deserving high school seniors. This family-friendly event will feature a 5K and a one-mile fun run/walk with vendor booths, food and fun. Best of all, your participation will support the Superintendent’s Scholarship Fund and help to make some student’s dream of college a reality. Register today at www.dallasisdscholarshiprun.org.
||8 a.m., Saturday, May 16, 2015
||Woodrow Wilson High School
100 S. Glasgow Dr.
Dallas, TX 75214
Register at www.dallasisdscholarshiprun.org.
Regional Leadership Development Conference at UNT this past weekend!
SHPE DFW Professional Chapter was recognized through MANY awards at the Conference:
National NRP 1 Blue Chip Award: Over 800 points!
Congratulations to our
SHPE DFW President Juan Meza
Regional Alpha Male Award
& our SHPE DFW Communications Director &
R5LT Professional Development Director
Regional Alpha Female Award
SHPE DFW was also received the
Outstanding Student/Professional Interaction Award
WHAT YOU MISSED:
Branding Yourself Workshop
Zodiac Aerospace Company Sponsored attendees at the Luncheon
Our 3 SHPE (DFW) members presenting a Panel Workshop for our SHPE Latinas
Friday Night Professional Mixer hosted by CPC
Saturday Night after Banquet EastSide Downtown Denton
SHPE Professionals from Houston, Exxon, Austin, IBM, Fort Worth, Lockheed Martin, Dallas, Denton, and Los Angeles!
REGION V PICTURES
Be on the lookout for 2015 DFW Upcoming Events:
- Professional Development Workshops
- General Body Meetings
- Leadership Development
- Community Service Projects/Events
- Community Outreach
- Student/Professional Interaction Activities/Events
If you have any events/information you'd like to share with the SHPE DFW chapter please do so by filling out the "Contact Us" form on the website provided above.
SHPE DFW Board of Directors:
Juan Meza (President) ● Juan Nevarez (Vice-President)
Casandra Manning Lozano (Secretary) ● David Cruz (Treasurer)
Justa Treviño (SHPE Jr. Chair) ● Rudy Treviño (Professional Development Chair)
Brianne Martin (Communications Chair) ● Clemente Quinones (Membership Chair)