Practice Being Transparent
"As soon as we become more transparent, we start to feel better."
- Sydney Jourard from "The Transparent Self"
In the spirit of the quote above, I encourage you to put into mindful practice the concept of transparency. In so doing, look for an opportunity to act with simplistic honesty and then do it:
- Is it by being honest with someone when your temptation is to talk around the truth? If so, be honest using intelligence and tact.
- Is it by being honest with yourself, perhaps by recognizing a problem rather than pretending there isn't one?
- Is it by saying no when you really want to say no, instead of saying yes?
Either write to or tell someone about your experience this week and include the challenges you had.
- Are you able to be transparent consistently?
- Are there times when you really don't want to be transparent? Why?
Be transparent in your writing or in your conversation.