Experience Development Training Course
"The workshop was not only inspiring, but I walked away with tools that I'm using for experience development that will allow us to get to the next level of experience delivery. It was the best three days I have spent at a workshop in years" - Patti Kendall, Director, Marketing & Events, Blue Mountain Village Association (2015 Workshop Attendee)
Due to popular demand, RTO7 is bringing back Celes Davar of Earth Rhythms for a second Experiential Training Course
in March. During this two-and-a-half day “hands-on” training, attendees participate in experiences and are introduced to new tools and templates to create new experiences. Space is limited so register early!
When: March 21 to March 23, 2016
Where: Sainte-Marie among the Hurons, Midland
(includes course, accommodation, meals & HST)
*Course-only option is available for those in the Midland area
Deadline to register: February 19, 2016
For complete course details, participant criteria and to register, visit the Experience Development Training Course page
Operator Listings – What’s New!
If you haven’t logged into your Operator Profile
for a while, you’ll find some new features when you do! In addition to the standard description, contact info, location, photo and website link, these features have been added:
- “Book Now” button – add a link to your online reservation page directly from your operator listing
- Add both your logo and an image
- Add a link to a YouTube video and your social media channels
- Packages & Promotions and Tourism Events now appear with your listing (note: these must be added to those pages before appearing here)
Check out these examples currently on our site:
Visit the Operator Login
page to access your profile or to register. Problems logging in or registering? Contact Ginny Henry at email@example.com
Attractions Ontario Now Accepting Submissions for New Awards
Consumer votes will determine the winners of the 1st
Annual Ontario’s Choice Awards. Interested in submitting your attraction? For award categories and to submit, check out this Connection post
. Deadline to submit is February 5, 2016.
Ontario Launching New Fund to Develop Globally Competitive Clusters
Ontario is partnering with the Ontario Chamber of Commerce to launch a new fund, the Cluster Development Seed Fund, to help develop globally competitive clusters that will fuel innovation and productivity across the province. Read More
OTMPC – Marketing Opportunities
OTMPC is currently offering the following:
Blue Mountain Village Association Request for Proposal – Millpond Activities
The BMVA is launching an RFP process to secure submissions from tourism operators in order to provide attractions, services and experiences for members and guests at the Village Millpond site and in related spaces. For complete information, click here
Industry Events, Info & More
- Message for Grey County Tourism Partners – Destination Development Action Plan Public Information Session, February 9, 6:30 – 8:30 pm at Best Western Inn on the Bay. Read More
- “Save the Date” for Tap into Maple Launch 2016 – February 25, 2:30 to 4:00 pm at Nicholyn Farms. More info and to register
- Cycle Tourism Conference, March 4, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at the Radisson Admiral Hotel, in Toronto. More Info
- Aboriginal Tourism Conference - Aboriginal Tourism Ontario (ATO) will hold its second annual Business Tourism Conference April 13 to 15 at the Quattro Hotel and Conference Centre in Sault Ste. Marie. Read more
- Message from Food Partners Alliance Simcoe County – Share Your 2016 Events. Share information about your food- or agriculture-related workshop, event, or meeting to have it posted to the online calendar and shared on Twitter. Contact Jessica Low, firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your event or for more information.
- Orillia CDC Offering Mentorship Program - this program is being offered as part of its professional development opportunities. Read More
- OTEC Training Workshops – OTEC has three winter workshops coming up plus its online Service Excellence Dynamics ELearning. Check out the RTO7 Industry Events calendar for info. And, a reminder that RTO7, in partnership with Bruce, Grey and Simcoe Counties offers OTEC’s online Tourism Service Excellence Training Program FREE to tourism operators in BruceGreySimcoe.