|RTO7 Programs, Industry News, Events & More!
Partnership Program Update
Thanks to those of you who made it out to our April 21st
Information Session to hear about RTO7 2016/17 Partnership Programs and their current status. There is still room within the French Translation and the RTO7 Tourism Wayfinding Signage categories (at 1:1). We are also still accepting web portal applications from tourism organizations (1:1), provided a February/March 2017 timeline works for launch.
Several of the Partnership Program categories are now fully subscribed for 2016/17 including Digital Advertising, Video and Imagery Development and Experience Development at the 1:1:1 ratio. There remains some funding for these categories but at a reduced 1:1 ratio. Please contact us if you are interested in any of these categories at 1:1.
Visit the Partnership Program page
for guidelines and how to apply. We encourage you to submit your applications as soon as possible in order to avoid disappointment!
NEW: Festival Implementation Program
The Festival Implementation Program is designed to help well established
festivals to coach
organizers to develop a new
component (please see program criteria for definitions). For example, this could be a new experience at the festival or a marketing plan to target a different geographic area. If a festival can demonstrate a financial outlay of at least $1,000 towards a new component, they may be eligible to receive $1,000 from RTO7 towards an RTO7-managed digital advertising campaign. DMOs, BIAs or Chambers may also apply for a cluster of festivals within their area (min 2, max 5).
For more information please visit the Festival Implementation page
or contact Kim Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 519-379-2506. Application deadline is December 31, 2016.
Experience Implementation Program Update
The Experience Implementation Program helps stakeholders develop new products and experiences at their business or within their region to help differentiate BruceGreySimcoe from other destinations in Ontario.
The Program opportunities include:
- Coaching/support (approximately 10 hours per project)
- Funding development and marketing (1:1 with a minimum buy in of $500) for new products and experiences
For more information, visit the Experience Implementation Program page
or contact Kim Clarke, email@example.com
or 519-379-2506. Deadline to apply is December 31, 2016.
Gift of the Getaway Campaign
Resorts of Ontario and RTO7 are working in partnership to promote our operators by encouraging people to visit the resorts and bed & breakfasts of BruceGreySimcoe. The Gift of the Getaway
program makes it easy for people to purchase online gift certificates to travel within Ontario and stay at Resorts of Ontario and at FOBBA members’ properties. As attractions are a big part of why people choose one destination over another, BruceGreySimcoe attractions are also invited to participate in the program. Coupons from participating attractions can be downloaded from the site to encourage visitors to travel to and stay in BruceGreySimcoe. There is NO COST to the attractions to join this program.
- Adventure and Attractions
- Cruises and Sightseeing Flights
- Theatres and Museums
- Retail and Restaurants
If you are interested in participating in this campaign or for more information, contact Kim Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips on Google Tools, courtesy of Frederic Gonzalo
Do you use Google Analytics? In the second segment of the series, “10 Google Tools Brands Should Use”, Marketing Expert Frederic Gonzalo explains why you should….read more
- In late April, the 2016 Ontario Brewing Awards were handed out in Toronto with several BruceGreySimcoe breweries among the winners! Congratulations to all of the winners! Read the Connection Post for more info.
- Celebrate Ontario Recipients 2016 – Several BruceGreySimcoe festivals received Celebrate Ontario funding this year. See the Connection Post for the list of recipients and to learn more about the program.
- OTMPC 2016-2017 Current and New Advertising Opportunities – Read the Connection Post for details
- OTMPC 2016/17 Online Packages Opportunity: Ontario Fall Weekends Campaign – Check it out on RTO7 Connection!
- Indigenous Tourism Operators, Experiences and Event Organizers – add your listings, free of charge, to OntarioTravel.net. Read the Connection Post to learn more.
- Spruce the Bruce Grants are up for grabs! Bruce County Council has approved $125,000 towards Spruce the Bruce Grants to be used towards improving Bruce County downtowns in 2016! Applications will continue to be accepted by the last day of each month, until all 2016 funds have been disbursed. Applications are on a first-come first-served basis. Learn more about the 2016 Spruce the Bruce Grants on the website.
- FEO Members - Considering a Mobile Friendly Makeover? Check out this offer from FEO for festival organizers and suppliers.
Donations in Aid of the Fort McMurray Fire Relief
Did you know that the Government of Canada is matching donations dollar for dollar to help the victims of the Fort McMurray fire? To make a donation, please visit the Red Cross website