Greetings from THNK HQ. Just a ping from team acceleration to update you on Acceleration Festival that is only six weeks away (!)
Join the 60+ others (please let us know now!)
The tally for Acceleration Festival # 2 currently sits at approximately 60 attendees. However, informally, we have heard from many people that they are coming as well, and that we can expect a number way North of 70. Please don't wait any longer and let us all know that you are coming here. You'll inspire others to come too!
Theme sneak peek: be a sport!
Although we cannot reveal the full program just yet, the theme for this edition is sports. So make sure to bring some sporty outfits if you can. Some participants are prepping their first ever THNK Marathon. There are rumours of a THNK soccermatch between classes. There will be special sessions by Andra among others, and loads more. Of course, for those who consider apres ski a sports by itself, don't worry, you will see some action too.
Let's co-create: bring your expertise & interests to the marketplace
On a more serious note: the market place will be back this edition in a much more focused form. Just to freshen up your mind: its the place where you share your expertise, experience, opportunities or grapples during a session of max 75 minutes. With every new class the knowledge in the room gets more powerful. Marketplace is about exploring the win-win: what do you have to share, and what can you learn from others? Some examples:
- Lessons in setting up a crowd funding campaign
- How do I create a Personal Brand
- Key elements to consider in selling to corporate clients
- Working with Volunteers
- Getting early adopters
- How to align the goals of your team
They can also be much more personal and relate to your project, or a completely different skill. Last year Myra did some great acrobatics workshops for instance! If you have an idea for a session: please mail us now. We have made life a bit easier for you: please fill in this
slide, and we have all the info we need (for now). Thinking of a session, but looking for input? Mail us, call us, drop us a line, we love to help.
During the festival, we will have two hackathons during the Saturday & Sunday morning. During hackathons, you get the opportunity to work together on getting stuff done on your acceleration project; either in teams of praticipants or with one of our experts. This is a great way to build a business model in an afternoon, get a wireframe for your website, hone your pitch to perfection or to develop a great set of figures to strengthen your case.
Flat fee for food & drinks
In order to cut some of the administrative clutter, we have decided to offer an all inclusive package for food and drinks including Meeting of the Minds for a flat fee of 185 euro per person which is to be paid upfront via this paypal link. Please pay before March 1.
What we need from you:
- Please let us know as soon as possible whether you are coming (you can find the link to the overview of everyone attending here, in this file you can also update your status)
- Let us know whether you want to host a market place session of 75 minutes on one topic of your choosing/expertise (please use this template)
- Start to think about what you want to share during your release night pitch and reserve your slot asap (32 slots available).
- We are still looking for stories on your acceleration projects for our website. Take a look at Ben’s story here to get the idea (and read a cool story); drop us a line if you want to take this opportunity!
We are thrilled to welcome you again in a couple of weeks, and we will keep you updated. In case you have any burning questions or ideas to make it extra special do let us know.
Auke Ferwerda, on behalf of Team Acceleration