AAFA-STL September News & Updates
We're Certified! Here, AAFA-STL's Program Director, Reagan Nelson, MPA, AE-C, is congratulated by AllerTrainâ„¢ Founder Betsy Craig. Reagan recently received her Master Trainer Certificate, and she is now certified to teach the array of food allergy AllerTrainâ„¢ courses. Way to go, Reagan!
AllerTrainâ„¢ is an ANSI accredited food allergen and gluten-free training course offered by MenuTrinfo. The course teaches food allergy education, proper protocol for preparing food to avoid cross-contact and best practices regarding serving diners with special dietary needs.
News & Notes
- Exciting Grant News: The Illinois Department of Public Health recently awarded AAFA-STL with Year 2 approval, to provide a hands-on Asthma Surge event for children and families in St. Clair County in 2016. Stay tuned for further details on the event.
- Brookings Asthma White Paper: The White Paper, Community based approaches for optimal asthma outcomes and accountable population health, is now available from the Brookings Institution! AAFA-STL's Joy Krieger was a participant in the roundtable discussion in May & AAFA National's Dr. Cary Sennett helped author the paper.
- Asthma Summit Invitation: AAFA-STL will present at a joint EPA, HHS, HUD and Mount Sinai University Hospital Asthma Summit on November 20 in NY that focuses on sustainable funding for in-home asthma prevention services. Weâ€™ve been asked to present on the steps & strategies which led to asthma home assessments & education reimbursement being written into the MO budget.
- Food Allergy News: AAP Endorses Early Peanut Introduction for High-Risk Infants
- Volunteer w/ Us!: Please contact Emily Vandas if you are interested in volunteering for office/admin support roles or special events!