World Jungle Creative Schools - April 2017
In this issue
Our top 5 picks for the summer term including links to free resources and support.
Bring the world in to your classroom
World Day for Cultural Diversity
is held each year on 21st May
to highlight the importance of cultural diversity and harmony. Choose from our varied programme of cultural and creative workshops geared to inspire your pupils to embrace our varied cultural history, learn about different cultures and develop respect
for each other.
Using music, dance, play and arts, our team of creative practitioners will bring 'the world in to your classroom', providing authentic, stimulating activities to develop understanding of cultural diversity and world citizenship. Workshops available include:
- African Dance or Drumming
- Indian Dance and Henna Art
- Samba Drumming
- Carnival Music, Arts & Dance
- Games from Around the World
Visit the creative schools
section of our website for further details on these and other workshops.
“Wow! We had an amazing day. The dancing was energetic and so uplifting. The tutor inspired us with her own beautiful, elegant moves and she was brilliant with the children. I look forward to welcoming your company into our school in the future.”
Culworth Primary School, Banbury
Outdoor Classroom day
Outdoor Classroom Day
is a global campaign to celebrate and inspire learning and play outside the classroom. It is taking place this year on 18th May 2017
and offers the perfect opportunity for your school to focus on the huge health benefits and vast learning experiences children can get from being closer to nature.
We are passionate about inspiring children to connect with nature, appreciate the natural world around us and enjoy the wonderful benefits of playing and learning outdoors. We offer:
Find out more
- A full programme of Wild Play & Bushcraft Workshops including a range of activities and natural crafts that we can bring to your school.
- A destination for a school trip or group visit, inviting you to enjoy a full-day outdoor experience at Breakheart Quarry in the hills above Dursley, Gloucestershire.
- Training for teachers, support staff and playworkers exploring the many issues around children's learning and play in the natural environment.
about the support we can offer for your school.
We have kept this topic in our 'top 5 picks' for this term as we continue to get many enquiries from both primary and secondary schools across the country about this particular programme.
'Exploring British Values through Creativity and the Arts'
(EBVCA) is a programme of workshops that incorporates a mixture of creative activities including games, dance, storytelling, drama and arts to explore the fundamental British values identified as key by the Department for Education and Ofsted.
We are experienced in using the arts to explore complex ideas in an age-appropriate and engaging way, bringing the topic to life for your pupils. Choose from individual sessions based around the following themes or build a programme to explore different areas each term.
- Individual Liberty
- Respect & Tolerance
- Equality & Discrimination
Together with delivering workshops directly to pupils, we also offer staff training
on how to embed British Values and support the successful delivery of the SMSC curriculum. Please contact Ben Ward
at World Jungle for more information.
Summer events and celebrations
World Jungle has over 10 years’ experience of organising and supporting events of all sizes. Whether you are looking to organise a summer fair, arrange a party for your leavers or hold a celebration event for your school and community, we can help!
We offer a variety of activities and performers to make your event special, including circus skills, drumming, dance, games, henna art, face painting and Samba bands. Find out more...
"We had a wonderful event on Friday thank you, the sun was shining and we had a great turnout. Please can you say thank you to all your wonderful staff that ran things for us."
Paula Higginson, Extended Learning Services, Worle School
PE / Sports Premium
From dance and games from around the world, to outdoor play and bushcraft - we have lots of activities to offer when it comes to getting children active and encouraging healthy lifestyles and choices. Here are just a few:
- World Dance (including African,Caribbean, South American, Indian)
- ZumbAtomic (combining dance, games and lots of fun!)
- Yoga and Pilates (health and well being)
- Games from Around the World
- Circus skills
- Get outdoors! - bushcraft, team building and survival skills.
We offer both individual sessions or programmes to run over a number of weeks. Please visit our website
for more details or contact Ben Ward at World Jungle on 07889 512644.
Why choose World Jungle?
- We understand what your school is required to deliver by Ofsted.
- Whilst being fun and full of creative ideas, our workshops deliver real outcomes.
- Our creative team is highly experienced in using the arts to explore complex ideas.
- We have won two local business awards in the last three years for our services to the community as well as a national award for our work on bridging cultures.
Read what other schools have said about us too!