" I was in prison, and you came to visit me"
Good morning, let me first say "thank you" for your prayers and cookies for our Kairos weekend at Pocahontas State Correctional Facility. The weekend was flooded in prayer and God blessed our time there. As one inmate said " He showed up, and showed off" ! I'm so grateful for your participation in this incredible ministry.
I wanted to share with you some of the comments we heard during "Open Mike" where the inmates are given an opportunity to tell what the weekend meant to them. It's really during this time that we get insight to how lives are being changed. After years of these walks, I'm still amazed at the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit, I pray that my amazement never ends. The following are some of the comments;
They spoke of coming in broken, hurt ,hungry for answers and finding fellowship, release of pain and being closer to God and leaving with encouragement, stronger faith, forgiveness of self and yes... a couple pounds of cookies! I loved what one inmate told me " Jesus is my chain breaker, I feel free now"
- I thought I knew Christ , but now He's my focus
- I came too just get out of the pod, but I got insight to who Jesus is
- I've been down 22 years, I thought I was a believer, but now I feel His spirit in me
- This experience has gotten me back on my knees
- I'm not leaving what I learned here, I'm taking it back to the pod for the Glory of God
- I asked what this Kairos was all about, cookies and coffee I was told, I know now that I have to be a light in this dark place
- I came for the cookies, what I found was God, community and family and a renewed faith
- I can't explain it , but God brought me here, and I thank Him for getting me here
- Satan had filled me with lies, God, through you men showed up and set me straight
- Monday I'm going home and I'm grateful that God worked through you to give me new insight
- I believed in God, but after yesterday I now know that I'm a child of God, a brother in Christ
- There wasn't one speaker who hasn't been instrumental in changing my life
- Prison is a horrible environment, this weekend God made it the best of my life
- I have learned that God can even love someone like me
- It's been amazing realizing that I can be forgiven
Thank you again for your blessed prayers, they were felt and brought light to a very dark place.
In Christ Love,