Today Starts 2019 Job Hunt!
I know, you're thinking this is Thanksgiving week in the USA and the start of the holiday season that slows down the job hunt. Some people even think its time to take a holiday from searching for a new job.
Do Not Be Fooled!
Today is the very start of the 2019 job hunt. Why? Because Jan 1 is the start of the new fiscal year for many organizations. That's when budgets are live and teams start to post job ads for new staff.
You do not want to wait till Jan 1, and then blindly send in CVs. You'll be dumped into the waves of responses sent to HR and get lost in the crowd.
Get Ahead Now
Start your job search today if you want a new job in 2019. Start researching the companies you want to work for, the roles you want to fill, and the colleagues you want to have.
Then ramp up your informational interviews. You should be meeting with at least 2-3 new people a week to build your network. You want someone you've met with to have you in mind when they are helping write the job description of your dream job.
Be Ready for Jan 1
That way, when the wave of job ads appears in early January, you're not scrambling. You already know the ad is coming out, you've already talked with the hiring team, and you're already ahead of everyone who took the holidays off.
Want a quick and free primer on the digital development career path? Then watch my ICT4Djobs webinar with Devex where I covered the essential skills you need for a successful ICT4D career.
This Week's ICT4D Jobs Listings
- Viamo is currently seeking a Country Manager to function out of their Bangladesh office.
- You might want to check out Simprint's opening for a Privacy & Data Security Manager in Cambridge, UK.
- Tetra Tech is hiring for a Technology for Development Staff Associate. This position is based in their Arlington, VA, location. Check it out!
- Esri is looking to hire a Solution Engineer for their Nonprofit and Global Organizations team.
- Zipline is scoping out qualified candidates for an Operations Designer position, to be based out of Half Moon Bay, CA.
- GrantBook is seeking an Implementation Specialist. This company is based out of Toronto, Ontario, and rapidly expanding. Read more about it!
- You could also check out their Middleware Developer role. Different role, same ideals.
- Creative Associates International has an opening on their Media and Technology for Peacebuilding team for a Program Specialist. This position is based out of Washington, DC.
- Interested in Blockchain Technologies? You should check out this program at Geneva, Switzerland, which offers in-depth training and a plethora of opportunity.
- HIDH is seeking a Director of Health Information and Digital Health for their Baltimore, MD office.
- UNDP is seeking a Chief Technical Advisor for a project based out of their Port Louis, Mauritius location. Apply by November 23rd to be considered!
- Fluent in Arabic? UNDP has good news for you! You might make a perfect Engineering Specialist for their Tunis, Tunisia location. Or maybe their newest Site Engineer for their West Bank, Palestine office.
- If you're fluent in Arabic but those opportunities aren't quite for you, you still should read about UNICEF's Graphic Designer and Multimedia Assistant role, based in East Jerusalem, Palestine. It's different, and it could be what you've been looking for.
- UNICEF is also looking to fill a consultancy for their Policy Lab, with particular attention to Scoping Paper on Digital Literacy and Skills!
- UNHCR is scoping out qualified candidates for a UNV Civil Engineer at their Lusaka, Zambia office.
- The World Bank is seeking a Data Scientist with a two-year commitment for their Washington, DC location. Applications are accepted through November 26th.
- WIK is seeking, not one, but two ICT Officers. Check out this unique opportunity!
- FAO is looking to hire a Deputy Director for their Rome, Italy office. When in Rome, do as the Romans do, and apply by November 22nd. That's the saying, right?
- Mary's Meals is trying to fill a Director of IT position and an IT Applications Leader position, both for their Glasgow location.
- Calling all web developers! WFP is seeking Web Developers for their Beirut location. It doesn't hurt to try.
- Kiva is seeking a Blockchain Protocol Architect/Director. This role is based in San Francisco, CA. Be sure to check out this unique opportunity!
- Counterpart International is looking for a full-time Senior Program Officer for a Cybersecurity & Internet Governance project in Arlington, VA.
- JSI is on the hunt candidates for anticipated positions as Project Managers for digital logistics Management Information Systems (MIS) implementations in a number of countries.
- Plan International is recruiting for a Digital Solutions & Scaling Architect based in Woking, UK. Apply by November 25!
There are more jobs to be found on the ICT4D Career Network. Jump over there now...