Apply! Apply! Apply!
Welcome to the great jobs cornucopia of 2019! Every January (and October), there comes a bumper crop of job opportunities as teams look at their workload for the year, get their annual budgets approved, and move ahead with hiring,
This year is no different.
There are over 30 job opportunities listed below and we're getting a few emails a day about new ones. Of course you're applying to all that look relevant and interesting.
Did you start applying now? Or back in October?
That's not a trick question, but one of preparation and planning. Did you do your research on companies you want to work for? On teams within those companies that interest you?
Did you do informational interviews already?
If you did, then you may already be ahead of everyone else. You may already know the hiring team. That job description may already be written for you.
And you may already be on your way to a new job!
Want a quick and free primer on the digital development career path? Then watch my ICT4Djobs webinar with Devex where I covered the essential skills you need for a successful ICT4D career.
This Week's ICT4D Jobs Listings
- The Lab @ DC is hiring a Research Fellow and a Data Scientist for their team! Resumes are being reviewed on a rolling basis for these, so don't wait.
- ADB is seeking a Social Sector Specialist, with a focus in Technology and Innovation. This lovely role comes with a three-year contract, so if security is what you're looking for, you should consider applying.
- HRH2030 is scoping out qualified candidates for a new ICT Manager to be based in Indonesia.
- Remember that dream you had, about a professional opportunity to help develop your technical and consulting skills while also being productive? VeraSolutions Fellowship is that dream come true. Apply today!
- Est-ce que tu parles français? Voila! Bluesquare is hiring a Digital Health Project Manager, and the person for the job needs IT Project Management expertise and French and English fluency.
- If you speak French but that job isn't your cup of tea, you should still check out Bluesquare's Health Financing lead role.
- J-PAL is seeking a full-time Development Officer to commit to three years or more of their mission to reduce poverty. How can you argue with that kind of job description, anyway? Apply!
- Perhaps you're over-qualified but interested? I sure hope you're still reading because J-PAL is also hiring a Senior Development Officer. And yes, you will still be committed for at least three years to reducing poverty!
- Zenysis is currently looking for International Project Managers for several locations, including India, Liberia, Rwanda, Pakistan, and Zambia. See a location you like? What are you waiting for?
- The University of Washington has a unique opportunity for a Senior Digital Health Specialist. This role is open until filled so if you're interested, apply today.
- Jhpiego is hiring a Director for their Digital Health and Health Information team. This role is based in Baltimore, Maryland, and requires some travel.
- UNDP is seeking a home-based consultant with three 15-day-missions to Georgia. Yes, I did just describe a job that is almost entirely from home and the only commute is to an amazing country. Yes, I would apply if I were you.
- Of course, if you like daily commutes and you speak Portuguese, you may be more apt to apply for UNDP's Chief Technical Advisor role. The choice is yours.
- The African Development Bank is hiring for a Junior Web Developer, with a focus in Applications Support and Configuration. Apply by January 25th to be considered.
- The African Development Bank is also scoping out qualified candidates for a Junior Drupal Developer. Don't wait, because applications are only accepted through February 15th.
- If neither part-time nor full-time work is in your upcoming plans, you could still read about UNICEF's Data Science for Satellite Imagery Analysis Internship. The title alone is sure to impress your in-laws and college-friends alike.
- 17Triggers is seeking a Human-Centered Design Lead for their Phnom Penh, Cambodia, location. Apply by February 1st to be considered for this unique role!
- The World Bank is hiring an ICT Policy Specialist for their Suva, Fiji, location and a Communications Officer for their Washington, DC, location! Apply for one! Or both! Whatever works.
- Save the Children is recruiting for a Project Coordinator to fill a role in the Coding Project team at their central London office.
- Save the Children is also in need of a Data Quality Analyst for their International Programs. Don't wait! Apply today!
- Based in Greece? It might be your lucky day, if you're interested in and qualified for UNHCR's full-time Data and Information Management Internship!
- Oxfam is hiring a Consultant to conduct case studies in their Human Rights and Digitisation project in Tanzania. This role is worth a read, so be sure to check it out!
- Oxfam is also looking to hire a new Program Officer for their Extractive Industries Knowledge Hub. This role is to be based in Washington, DC, but alternate locations are to be considered, if you're the one for the job, so there are no excuses for not applying!
- Clinton Health Access Initiative is looking for an Information Systems Analyst in Abuja, Nigeria
- IMC Worldwide is looking for a Team Leader for a Strategic Implementation and Research Facility program funded by DFID to research and promote digital technology for agricultural development worldwide.
- Precision Agriculture for Development, (PAD) seeks summer interns to support our rapid organizational and programmatic growth in India, Kenya, Pakistan, Ethiopia, and Bangladesh.
- Kiva is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to build a blockchain-based credit system for Sierra Leone (and ultimately the world). They also have other developer jobs too.
- The World Wide Web Foundation is looking for several people, including a European Policy Manager and Communications Manager to join them in advancing the fight to make the open and free web a right for all.
One Acre Fund is looking for a Data Scientist
to support its programs in Kigali, Nairobi.
- Open Gov Hub team seeks a Program and Membership Manager to amplify collaboration, learning and innovation across the Open Gov Hub community.
There are more jobs to be found on the ICT4D Career Network. Jump over there now...