As Jazz piles up the years, musicians from widely disparate eras and wildly different contexts end up playing together. Here are some questions that will be tough, even with Google lurking in the background. You smart Johns and Janes can mull it over and reply with answers via the Comments.
1) Who recorded with both Ma Rainey and Pearl Bailey?
2) Who recorded with both Johnny Dunn in 1922 and Coltrane in '61?
3) Who recorded with both the '27 Goldkette band and '47 Thornhill?
4) Who played with both James Reese Europe and Dizzy?
5) Who recorded with both Bix and Monk?
6) Who played with both Kid Rena and Sir Charles Thompson?
7) Who recorded with Henry Busse, Louis Jordan and Louis Armstrong?
8) What sax player played with both Miles Davis & Blood, Sweat and Tears?
9) Who played himself in the movies Screaming Mimi and Ocean's 11?
10) Who Played with both the Symphony Orchestra of Los Angeles and Joe Venuti?
Tip o' the hat to Prof. Chalfen for his contributions. Speaking of which, M. Chalfen has these, for extra credit:
11) Who recorded with WIlbur Sweatman and Charles Mingus?
12) Who played with Keppard in the Original Creole Orch and recorded with Bird & Martial Solal?
13) Who played with Lu Waters & Capt. Beefheart?
I had a thread on Facebook about this, so if you were in on that, I know who you are...
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE ON THIS MAILING LIST PLEASE RESPOND WITH 'REMOVE' IN THE SUBJECT LINE. IF YOU ARE RECEIVING DUPLICATE EMAILS OUR APOLOGIES, JAZZ PROMO SERVICES ANNOUNCEMENT LIST IS GROWING LARGER EVERY DAY.....PLEASE LET US KNOW AND WE WILL FIX IT IMMEDIATELY!