Emergency Salbutamol in schools
Since 1st October 2014 the Human Medicines Regulations 2014 have allowed schools to buy salbutamol inhalers, without a prescription, for use in emergencies.
The Department of Health published a guide on this topic which covers:
Download the full report on our website, or from the Department of Health website here >
- How to recognise an asthma attack.
- What to do in the event of an asthma attack.
- Arrangements for the supply, storage, care and disposal of inhalers.
Source: Department of Health September 2014.
Our online modules for Dental Practices and GPs Surgeries staff (clinical and non clinical) continue to help with staff personal development.
“I thought the practical training session went very well, with the emphasis on team working etc. The learning quiz backs up the theoretical stuff. See you again next year!”
Dr Stuart Anderson, Burnham Medical Centre
If you have attended on of our medical emergencies courses you are entitled to use our E-Learning Centre to refresh your knowledge. Our modules:
Your feedback is welcome and if you would like to see what others have said about our modules, please visit the website >
- Gains up to 4 hours CPD points
- Are in an easy-to-use multiple choice format
- Refresh your course training
- Log in anytime >
Stroke campaign in the news
We were delighted to read on the BBC News Health website this month that the FAST campaign is really making a difference to people surviving strokes. 4,000 differences*:
- F=Face - has their face fallen on one side? Can they smile?
- A=Arms - can they raise both their arms and keep them there?
- S=Speech - is their speech slurred? If they notice any of these symptoms it is...
- T=Time - time to call 999 if you see any single one of these signs
First Aid A-Z
FAST is one of the topics covered in our A-Z of first aid signs and symptoms. Click here to see them all, and let us know if you have any new letters to add.
*Source: Public Health England.
When did you last undertake a first aid at work training course in your organisation? If more than 12 months ago, you might like to consider our 3-hour annual update course.
Please click here for dates and booking information, or call 0117 949 0944 for an informal chat.
Clive Haddrell CertEd, LIQA, MIfL - Manager Director
The First Response Team