2015 Commencement Coverage
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point hosted its spring commencement ceremony on May 16 as Chancellor Bernie Patterson conferred degrees to 1,412 graduates in the ceremonies in the Health Enhancement Center.
Congratulations to all the graduating seniors who received the 2015 UW-Stevens Point Chancellor's Leadership Award as well as the two SBE students who were among the 2014-15 recipients of the Albertson Medallion Award. This is the highest award given by our university; less than one percent of the graduating classes has been selected.
List is an economist for the real world
John List '92, the Homer J. Livingston Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago, shares how his experiences at UW-Stevens Point helped him to a successful career in the latest issue of the Thrive newsletter. List is recognized as one of the country's most innovative economists. Read More
Scholarships awarded to SBE students
The UW-Stevens Point School of Business and Economics 17 sponsors handed out 41 scholarships at its 2015 Awards Reception sponsored by Associated Bank on April 17 in the Dreyfus University Center Laird Room. Read More | View Photos
SBE student earns internship award
The Blevons Group, affiliated with Northwestern Mutual, is recognizing recent UW-Stevens Point graduate Daniel Zak ’15 as a Winter Camp winner. Winter Camp is a reward to the Northwestern Mutual’s top 100 interns for high productivity. Zak, a business administration major, is being honored as an outstanding performer by building a strong practice through delivering consistent quality service to clients. Read More
Girl Scouts present Gold Award to SBE sophomore
The Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes have awarded Rayanne Racine, a business administration and accounting sophomore, the Girl Scout Gold Award, the highest honor a scout can achieve. Rayanne founded the Algoma High School Clothing Closet to make sure all the students at her school had clothes readily available at no cost for those in need. Read More
Student-entrepreneur helps create business club
A new student org for entrepreneurs is in the works thanks to future Pointer Keaton Schultz and current SBE students Caleb Guilliams '18 and Kyle Tamboli '17. Read More
Spring Networking Event
Students from the School of Business and Economics met with representatives from Skyward, Figi's, UW Credit Union, Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, BMO Harris, Church Mutual, Forward Financial Bank, Greenheck, Northwestern Mutual, River Valley Bank and Sentry Insurance at the spring networking reception. View Photos
Pointers mean business
Many School of Business and Economics students have experienced tremendous success outside the classroom this season with the Pointers:
- SBE majors Stephen Pelkofer, Joe Ritchay and Aaron Retzlaff were a part of the UW-Stevens Point men's basketball national championship team!
- Senior Kevin Gibson (business administration) named Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Men's Hockey Player of the Year.
- Senior Brandon Jaeger (accounting and business administration) named WIAC Scholar-Athlete of the Year and two-time winner of the NCAA's Elite 89 Award, given to the student-athlete with the highest grade point average at each of the NCAA's championships.
- Senior Nicole Schaub (business administration) selected WIAC Women's Hockey Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
- Amy Jo Miller '13 (business management and international business), the founder of Élevé Technical Innerwear, is a finalist in the Governor’s Business Plan Contest for her work in designing a comfortable undergarment for yoga enthusiasts.
- Mike Sanders '91 (business administration) was named vice president of commercial lending at Prospera Credit Union.
- After 35 years, Steve Smith '77 (business administration, economics) retired from Mid-State Technical College in March.
- Aaron Johnson '12 (business administration-marketing) recently made the trip to New York City for an episode of "The Chew" to share his fresh-from-the-farm coconut carrot stew on national television.
Alumni: Where are they now?
Find out where SBE alumni are and what they are doing with their degrees on the new interactive alumni maps! Alumni can now tell us what's new and connect with other Pointers around the world by adding information to our alumni map! View Alumni Map
What did you get from your time at UW-Stevens Point?
A new view of the world? An opportunity to study abroad? A chance to help others? A career? Chances are your experience at UW-Stevens Point shaped your life in an important way. Consider shaping the experience of today’s UW-Stevens Point students by making a gift that will contribute to their college experience. You have the flexibility to designate your gifts where you feel they are needed most: