As the USRPN has been preparing for Reformation Day
on October 31, eastern states have been preparing for Hurricane Sandy, a massive tropical storm that has been barreling through the Caribbean ocean and is now on its way towards the east coast. Meteorologists have nicknamed the hurricane the "Frankenstorm" as it is expected to hit the eastern coast rights before Halloween, and has the potential to cause well over $1 billion in damage.
The brutal storm has already killed 21 people throughout the Caribbean islands. For more information please click here
In Luke 8:22-25 Jesus gives us a perfect example of how to pray:
One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side of the lake.” So they got into a boat and set out. As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.
The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master,we’re going to drown!” He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples. (Luke 8:22-25; NIV)
1. Rebuke this storm in Jesus' name. The authority of the believer is powerful enough to shift weather patterns! (Matthew 17:20)
2. Declare that the Prince of Peace reigns over this hurricane, and that His peace will cause the storm to diminish. (Isaiah 9:6)
3. Pray that this storm will not disrupt our Reformation Day prayer initiatives in the eastern states. (Isaiah 54:17)
4. Pray that the Lord would protect every person on the eastern coast, and that there would be no fatalities or serious injuries. (Psalm 91; It would also be good to declare this passage of scripture over the eastern states.)
5. Worship God for his provision, protection, and peace in the midst of storms. (Psalm 59:16)
Thank you for praying with us!
Standing with you,
Mike and Cindy Jacobs