Visit the webpage for links to selected news items about charities and non-profits in New Zealand.
Recent articles linked from the page include:
- Stroke Charities Announce Merger
- Funding opens for non-profit groups in Waipā
- Blind Low Vision NZ upheaval backed by inquiry; board worried by staff exodus
- The $1 million library that never really opened… appears to close for good
Flood/Cyclone Support Funds announced
On Monday 13 February, the Government announced an $11.5 million Community Support Package
to help those affected by the recent North Island floods, including support for regions preparing to respond to Cyclone Gabrielle. This is available until 30 June 2023.
Specific funding within the Community Support Package includes:
- Community support fund
This fund is available for community groups supporting communities affected by Cyclone Gabrielle who are not contracted to a government agency.
- Community providers fund
This fund is for providers who already have government contracts to support affected communities.
There is more information about the funds mentioned above, and additional funding available, on the Ministry of Social Development's website
. For further guidance on any of these funds, please contact MSD at email@example.com
Applications for Catapult Sustainability Leadership Programme Scholarships are now open
Catapult is again offering a limited number of scholarships to the not-for-profit sector on the 2023 Sustainability Leadership Programme (SLP) run in partnership with the Sustainable Business Council. SLP gives the skills, confidence, courage, and connections to drive progress on sustainability.
Applicants need to be employed full-time for a not-for-profit organisation focused on social, environmental, or economic sustainability. Applicants need to be in a role that has decision-making and influencing power, and significant scope to influence sustainability.
Applications are due by 17 March.
Further information and an application form can be found here.
ParryField Lawyers have created a short survey as they "thought it might yield some nice perspectives – was talking to MBIE on some of these questions and they are curious what you all will say! "
You can access the survey here.
Responses by Friday 24th March please
Also from ParryField (this time from Steven Moe of the firm): "[I] am on a mission to make the law more accessible so will be doing an “ask me anything” on legal questions soon – am open to questions on anything and so far have had some on the FMA and capital raising, Confidentiality Agreements and overseas charitable work – real variety! Send your difficult questions by hitting reply. More info and a video is at this LinkedIn post or you can register for the zoom session on 31 March here.
- It is not too early to be thinking about getting your accounts in order for audit/review/check If your EoFY is 31 March.
- If you are a Registered NZ Charity with an EoFY (end of financial year) of 31 December you will need to get your Annual Return to DIA Charities Services by 30 June. See this blog from DIA Charities Services.(includes links to a blog which busts the myth that you need an accountant to prepare your Performance Return.)
- To receive an email when a new post is made on the NFP Resource website please click here.