News and Highlights
UniPID News & Events
News on UniPID's FinCEAL Plus activities
- Spring curriculum of the UniPID Virtual Studies is posted on our website. It features the following courses:
- UniPID DocShop 2018: Q&A Session with Professor Jesse Ribot on 14 February 2018. Jesse Ribot is a Professor of Geography, Anthropology and Natural resources and Environmental Studies at the University of Illinois. The workshop is open to all doctoral students, post-docs, teachers and research practitioners in development studies. Registration is now open at the UniPID website.
- Rolling call for UniPID DocNet membership open! If you are a doctoral student dealing with development topics or themes, consider applying for DocNet membership. More information and application form can be found here.
News from partners and stakeholders
- FinCEAL Plus has targeted travel grants available to the following events:
- FAUBAI 2018 Internationalization and Research: Challenges and Strategies. 14-18 April, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Application deadline 2 February 2018. Read more here.
- CILAC 2018 Open Science Forum for Latin America and the Caribbean 22-24 October 2018, Panama City, Panama. Application deadline 2 February 2018. Read more here.
- FinCEAL Plus has preparatory funding available for the proposal writing phase for the EU-CELAC joint call: ICT Platform for Learning and Inclusion. Read the call here, and check the FinCEAL Plus guidelines and instructions on how to apply here. Call deadline is 8 March 2018, and the deadline for preparatory funding applications 31 January 2018.
- FinCEAL Plus Grants still available – apply now! Researchers (incl. doctoral students) can apply anytime for any of the following:
- The planned activity must be related to cooperation with African, Asian or LAC partners, in any of the FinCEAL Plus regional thematic areas. We encourage interested researchers to apply for grants as soon as possible, as the call will most likely be closed by summer 2018. More information here.
- Finnish Society for Development Research's Development Day Conference 2018 takes place 15-16 February 2018. The Master's Award in Development Studies is handed out in conjunction with the event. Registration is now open here.
- Law and Development Research Network (LDRN) PhD Course 2018: Resilience and equality: questions for the North and the South. Organized by the Institute for Human Rights at Åbo Akademi University, the course runs from 11 June to 15 June 2018. Register at the course website.
Upcoming Events - Finland
Launching of Team finland Knowledge - network and kick-off event of the International Forum. 18 January 2018. Helsinki, Finland. Streaming available.
HELSUS Global South Workshop. 22 January 2018. Helsinki, Finland. Registration required.
UniPID DocShop 2018: Q&A Session with Professor Jesse Ribot. 14 February 2018. Helsinki, Finland.
Development Days 2018 - The Politics of Sustainability: Re-thinking resources, values and justice. 15-16 February 2018. Helsinki, Finland.
Mid-term Conference of the European Sociological Association's Research Network 15: Global, Transnational & Cosmopolitan Sociology. 19-20 April 2018. Helsinki, Finland.
Aalto Sustainability Day. 18 May 2018. Espoo, Finland.
LDRN PhD Course 2018: Resilience and Equality - questions for the North and the South. 11-15 June 2018. Turku, Finland.
PAD - Participatory Development through Art conference. 15-17 August 2018. Rovaniemi, Finland.
11th Annual SANORD 2018 Conference: Academic Citizenship Recognition, Resilience or Resistance? 15-17 August 2018. Jyväskylä, Finland.