News and Highlights
UniPID News & Events
News on UniPID's FinCEAL Plus activities
- OPEN POSITIONS AT UniPID!
- UniPID Coordinator: UniPID is looking for someone to lead the UniPID Coordination for a year! The job posting is in Finnish since Finnish skills are a requirement of the position. Deadline for applications is 31st October 2018. Read more about the open position and find a link for the application on our website.
- UniPID Lecturer: UniPID and University of Helsinki are looking for a university lecturer in development studies to lead the pedagogic and content development of UniPID's Virtual Studies programme. Deadline for applications 6th November. Read the job posting and apply at the University of Helsinki website.
- The following UniPID Virtual Studies courses are open for registrations or still upcoming:
- UniPID launches a call to support the fieldwork for Master’s theses on global development issues. The grants of up to 1000 euros will be awarded to individuals who are in the process of collecting data and writing their Master’s theses and whose thesis process would benefit from a travel grant to a destination outside Finland. Read more at our website.
- UniPID Seminar Grant application round for 2019 is now open! The grants, worth up to 2000 euros, will be awarded to a UniPID member university, which is organizing or co-organizing a development-related seminar to be held in 2019. Further information here.
- Rolling call for UniPID DocNet membership open! If you are a doctoral student dealing with development topics or themes, consider applying for DocNet membership. More information and application form can be found here.
News from our members and collaborators
- Outputs from the FinCEAL Plus Final Seminar are now published on the UniPID website. Policy briefs regarding all three project regions, as well as an external evaluation of the initiative, were launched during the event. A recording of the livestream can be accessed through the University of Helsinki Unitube system.
- Public Symposium of Contemporary Slavery organized in Think Corner, University of Helsinki, on 8 November 2018 14:00-16:00. The symposium, organized by the discipline of development studies, begins with a public lecture by professor Kevin Bales titled Unlocking the Science of Slavery. No registration is required. Check the event on Facebook here.
- The Finnish Society for Development Research (FSDR) Development Days conference “Repositioning global development: changing actors, geographies and ontologies” takes place from 27 February to 1 March 2019 in Helsinki. It will feature three keynote speakers, which will be announced in due course. The call for sessions can be read here, and further information found here. Deadline for the call for session proposals is 31 October 2018.