News and Highlights
UniPID News & Events
News on UniPID's FinCEAL Plus activities
- The following UniPID Virtual Studies courses are now open for registrations:
- Registration period is upcoming for the following fall semester UniPID Virtual Studies courses:
- REMINDER: Master's Award in Development Studies 2018 is open for submissions until 31 August! All Master's theses handling development topics, completed between 1 August 2017 and 31 July 2018 are eligible to apply. Check the full information at our website.
- UniPID and partners host sessions at the SANORD conference organized at the University of Jyväskylä 15-17 August 2018.
- UniPID and the Finnish National Agency for Education (Opetushallitus) host a panel under the rubric How to Create Equal Partnerships within Nordic-Southern African Cooperation? The session takes place in AgC233 10:30 - 12:00 on 16 August.
- FinCEAL Plus and University of Eastern Finland host a session South-north partnerships for sustainable development. The session takes place in room Ag 213.1 14:00 - 15:00 on 16 August.
- UniPID and National Union of University Students in Finland (SYL) co-organize a workshop titled Students' academic citizenship and rights in North-South academic collaboration. The session takes place in AgD213.1 10:30 - 12:00 on 17 August.
- UniPID DocNet Seminar 2018 - Doing diversity/interculturality/decoloniality in development research, 27-28 September 2018. This year's UniPID DocNet seminar is a two-day retreat which includes both plenary and workshop sessions. This is to facilitate networking and exchange of knowledge and experiences between network members. The seminar is aimed at UniPID DocNet members only. Read more and register here. Deadline for registrations is 27 August 2018.
- Rolling call for UniPID DocNet membership open! If you are a doctoral student dealing with development topics or themes, consider applying for DocNet membership. More information and application form can be found here.
News from our members and collaborators
- SAVE THE DATE: FinCEAL Plus Final Seminar at Think Corner, Helsinki, on 11 October 2018. The seminar is organized under the rubric Research and Innovation Cooperation with Africa, Asia and LAC - Future Prospects for Science and Policy. At the event, the project will take stock of the lessons learned and provide a platform for discussing the outlook and driving factors on the current and future cooperation with the target regions. Organized in two sessions, the first part of the event will focus on the external assessment of the FinCEAL initiative to determine the contribution FinCEAL has made to the Finnish STI landscape. The second part of the event will include the launch of three policy briefs which analyse relevant questions for each of the FinCEAL regions and the recommendations that can be drawn for future policy action. Registration will open in late August. Read more at our website.
- FC+ LAC is looking for experts to attend Bioeconomy-led development - Opportunities through Nordic-Southern Cone countries cooperation. The event is a high-level research and innovation seminar on bioeconomy in Buenos Aires, Argentina, 18-19 October 2018. Deadline for applications ins 16 August 2018. Read more here.
- FinCEAL Plus Africa is looking for contributions to the UniPID-FinCEAL Africa policy brief. The purpose of the policy brief is to investigate the impact the government's push for private sector engagement has had on research cooperation between the scientific communities in Finland and Africa. The deadline for filling out the questionnaire is 17 August 2018. Fill out the questionnaire here.
- FinCEAL Plus Asia has published an online Questionnaire on Science, Technology and Innovation between Finland and Southeast Asian Countries. The objective of this anonymous questionnaire is to gather information on the perspectives of scientists working in Finnish institutions on the current status, future opportunities and barriers regarding cooperation in Science (Research), Technology and/or Innovation (STI) with Southeast Asian countries. The information gathered through the questionnaire will be used to formulate policy brief. Read more at our website and fill in the questionnaire here.
- The Finnish Society for Development Research (FSDR) Development Days conference “Repositioning global development: changing actors, geographies and ontologies” takes place from 27 February to 1 March 2019 in Helsinki. It will feature three keynote speakers, which will be announced in due course. The call for sessions can be read here, and further information found here.
- Call for applications: Advanced course on justiciability of economic, social and cultural rights - theory and practice. The course is organized in Turku, Finland by Åbo Akademi 10-14 December 2018. This intensive one-week course offers participants an opportunity to develop specialist level knowledge in the field of economic, social and cultural rights, with a particular focus on justiciability at the national, regional and international level. Deadline for applications is 14 September 2018. Read full programme and apply here.
|Upcoming Events - Finland
Upcoming Events - International