News and Highlights
UniPID News & Events
News on UniPID's FinCEAL Plus activities
- Spring curriculum of the UniPID Virtual Studies is posted on our website. It features the following courses:
- UniPID chose new courses to be funded from among the course proposals submitted. In the future, the following courses will be a part of the Virtual Studies curriculum:
- Introduction to Global Development and Sustainability
- Global Contexts of Violence - Gender-related violence in the landscape of global vulnerabilities
- Mixed Methods in Development Studies
- Gender and Development
- UniPID Seminar Grants open for Seminars organized in 2018. The aim of the grant is to encourage and advance Finnish universities' global responsibility by supporting the development of academic debate related to international development issues. Read call and apply at our website. Deadline: 15 November 2017.
- Rolling call for UniPID DocNet membership open! If you are a doctoral student dealing with development topics or themes, consider applying for DocNet membership. More information and application form can be found here.
News from partners and stakeholders
- Kajsa's report from the FinCEAL Plus participation in the EU-CELAC Knowledge Week in El Salvador is live on our website. Read it here.
- FinCEAL Plus Infobank competition remains open until 30 October 2017. Read more here.
- FinCEAL Plus Partnership Support Instrument is open for applications. Funding is provided for researchers based in Finnish institutions for the purposes of building partnerships with researchers in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. Check details here.
- FSDR Development Days 2018 Call for Sessions closes on October 20. Organized under the rubric The Politics of Sustainability: Re-thinking resources, values and justice, the event takes place February 15-16 2018 in Helsinki, Finland. Read the call here.
- SDG 4: Quality Education for All seminar 25 - 26 October 2017 at the University of Jyväskylä. The annual UNESCO Global Education Monitoring Report will be launched during the seminar. Read more here. Event on Facebook here.