UniPID Newsletter 5/2019
News and Highlights
UniPID News & Events
News on UniPID's FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES activities
- Master's Award in Development Studies 2019 Call for Theses is currently open! The application period for this year's Master's Award is open from late April to the end of August 2019. Read the full criteria of the award and participation instructions at our website.
- The UniPID Team attended the International Spring Forum (KV-kevätpäivät) in May. Read our reflections about the event on our website.
- The UniPID Virtual Studies Course Catalogue for the academic year 2019-2020 will be published over the summer! It will be available on our website.
- Rolling call for UniPID DocNet membership open! If you are a doctoral student dealing with development topics or themes, consider applying for DocNet membership. More information and application form can be found here.
- A DocNet Seminar on Co-Creation of Knowledge is taking place in the fall! More information about the event will be posted on our mailing list closer to the event.
News from our members and collaborators
- A FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES delegation attended the UN Multi-stakeholder Forum in May. The Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals was organized for the 4th time this year. Read the article about the delegation's experiences on our website.
- Targeted Travel Grant Call for the European Research and Innovation Days 2019 is open until 17 June! The event takes place in Brussels, Belgium, on 24-26 September. The call supports the participation of researchers and experts from Finnish higher education or research institutions. See the full details on our website.
- Targeted Travel Grant Call for ENRICH in Brazil is open until 14 June! The event takes place in Curitiba and Foz do Iguacu, Brazil, on 23-27 September. The call supports the participation of 1-3 senior level biotechnology or renewable energy experts from Finnish universities, universities of applied sciences, or research institutions to attend the ENRICH in Brazil Matchmaking & Innovation Tour to 2019. See the call details on our website.
- Call open for FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES Partnership Support Instrument! The Partnership Support Instrument offers small-scale financial support for building and maintaining the Finnish scientific community’s research and innovation cooperation initiatives with their peers from Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) addressing one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). Read more about the instrument here.
- The FinCEAL+ BRIDGES team wishes everyone a lovely summer and relaxing holidays! Due to the holidays, the FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES team will be out of office for most of July and periodically during August. Please note that all Partnership Support Instrument grant applications received during this time will only be processed once at the end of August.
- Constructing Social Futures - Sustainability, Responsibility and Power, the 20th Futures Conference, takes place 12-13 June in Turku. The event is hosted by the Finland Futures Research Centre, and registration is still open. See the programme here, and register through this link.
- A seminar on a Finland-Africa platform on Sustainable Development Goal 9 - Innovation, Industrialization and Infrastructure is open for registrations! The seminar will be held at the University of Turku on 26-27 August. The seminar reflects on the role of Finland in SDG9, especially innovation as a cross cutting theme of the United Nations. Registration deadline is 19 June - see the full details and register here.
Upcoming Events - Finland
At the Root of the Ecological Crisis Seminar (in Finnish). 12 June 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
Constructing Social Futures - Sustainability, Responsibility and Power. 12-13 June 2019. Turku, Finland.
Work, livelihood and care in Africa Miniseminar (in Finnish). 14 June 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
Who will be a refugee in 2050? Panel discussion (in Finnish). 14 June 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
Youth transitions in the Middle East and North Africa Seminar. 17 June 2019. Tampere, Finland.
Charles Gore on Inequality Reduction as a Global Goal: The Nature and Logic of SDG 10 Seminar. 19 June 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
Innovations toward sustainable development - Panel discussion (in Finnish). 15 July 2019. Pori, Finland.
Finland–Africa Platform for Sustainable Development Goal 9 (innovation) Seminar. 26-27 August 2019. Turku, Finland.
Europe against inequality - Panel discussion (in Finnish). 29 August 2019. Turku, Finland.
VISU International Bioenergy Days. 10-11 October 2019. Seinäjoki, Finland.
Upcoming Events - International