News and Highlights
UniPID News & Events
News on UniPID's FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES activities
- The following UniPID Virtual Studies courses are open for registrations or still upcoming:
- UniPID DocNet presents DocShop 2019: Staying with the Discipline? The 2019 Docshop, which is organized in conjunction with the FSDR Development Days 2019 conference on 27 February 2019, seeks to explore the pathways towards more transdisciplinarity in Development Studies. The meeting will reflect on the case for steering development studies towards better integration of feminist, transversal, intersectional and ecological perspectives, and towards the decoloniality of the field. Read more at our website.
- Master's Award in Development Studies 2018 award ceremony will be organized on 1 March 2019 15:15 - 16:15. The event takes place in the House of Sciences and Letters in Helsinki and is organized in conjunction with the FSDR Development Days Conference Repositioning global development: changing actors, geographies and ontologies. Check the conference programme here.
- Rolling call for UniPID DocNet membership open! If you are a doctoral student dealing with development topics or themes, consider applying for DocNet membership. More information and application form can be found here.
News from our members and collaborators
- The FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES Funding Call for grants supporting research collaboration related to the Sustainable Development goals with partners from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean will be opened next week. Stay tuned and follow the news on our website!
- FinCEAL Plus Asia Targeted offers travel grants to ENRICH matchmaking tour to China, 8-13 April 2019. Deadline for applications is 4 March 2019. Read more here!
- The new, refreshed Infobank has been published! The infobank features an expert database feature, stay tuned for more information on this function. You can browse the Infobank here!
- FinCEAL BRIDGES (2019-2020) supports the development of partnerships and collaborative research activities between the Finnish research community and counterparts in Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). The project is an extension of the previous FinCEAL initiatives, all financed by the Ministry of Education and Culture. FinCEAL BRIDGES will continue to contribute towards strengthening bi-regional cooperation, while expanding the thematic focus to the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, particularly Global Partnerships for Sustainable Development (Goal 17). Read more at our website.
- FSDR Development Days 2019 is organized 27 February to 1 March 2019 in Helsinki. UniPID events organized in conjunction with the event include the UniPID DocShop 2019 and the Master's Award in Development Studies 2018 award ceremony. The programme also includes visiting academics Ashish Kothari, Giles Mohan and Rosalba Icaza Garza. Read more here.
- Building Development Studies for the New Millennium, edited by Tiina Kontinen, Isa Baud, Elisabetta Basile and Susanne von Itter, has been published. The boook contributes to debates on current state and future visions of international development studies and discusses recent epistemological and ontological discussions on knowledges and qualities of engaged research. Read more here.
Upcoming Events - Finland
UniPID DocShop 2019: Staying with the Discipline? 27 February 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
Development Days 2019: Repositioning global development - changing actors, geographies and ontologies. 27 February - 1 March 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
Systemic Alternatives to Unsustainable Development. 27 February 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
WIDER Seminar Series: Decentralized targeting of agricultural credit in West Bengal: private vs. political intermediaries. 27 February 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
Discussion: Girls' Rights and Climate Change (in Finnish). 28 February 2019. Helsinki, Finland. Register here by 26 February.
Presentation: Evaluation on Forced Displacement. 11 March 2019. Registration required. Helsinki, Finland.
Webinar: Evaluation on Forced Displacement. 12 March 2019. Registration required. Online.
Perspectives on Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights. 14 March 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
Sustainability Science Days 2019. 9-10 May 2019. Espoo and Helsinki, Finland.
Doctoral Training Workshop - Extractivism, Alternatives and the Pluriverse. 23-24 May 2019. Helsinki, Finland.
2nd International Conference of the West Network - The End of Western Hegemonies? 5-7 June 2019. Jyväskylä, Finland.
Constructing Social Futures - Sustainability, Responsibility and Power. 12-13 June 2019. Turku, Finland.
Upcoming Events - International