News and Highlights
UniPID News & Events
News on UniPID's FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES activities
- UniPID Virtual Studies Call for Course Proposals now open! If you are a teacher, lecturer or researcher involved with global sustainable development based in a UniPID member university, please consider applying and helping us broaden our course catalogue. The call closes on 31 March 2019 at 23:59. Read more and apply at our website.
- Master's Award Ceremony celebrates Michel Rouleau-Dick's achievement. The Finnish Society for Development Reseach and UniPID handed out the Master's Award in Development Studies 2018 on 1 March in Helsinki. Read the full article and check out the photos at our website.
- Rolling call for UniPID DocNet membership open! If you are a doctoral student dealing with development topics or themes, consider applying for DocNet membership. More information and application form can be found here.
News from our members and collaborators
- Call open for FinCEAL Plus BRIDGES Partnership Support Instrument! The Partnership Support Instrument offers small-scale financial support for building and maintaining the Finnish scientific community’s research and innovation cooperation initiatives with their peers from Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) addressing one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). Read more about the instrument here.
- The new, refreshed Infobank has been published! The infobank features an expert database feature, stay tuned for more information on this function. You can browse the Infobank here and read the news on our website!
- SANBio Annual Networking Event 21-22 May 2019 in Pretoria, South Africa. The NEPAD Southern Africa Network for Biosciences (SANBio) and the Finnish-Southern African Partnership Programme (BioFISA II) continue their collaboration in 2019, and convenes the annual SADC health and nutrition research, development and innovation stakeholders’ networking event, under the theme Beyond the Valleys: Untold tales of Biopreneurs. The Event brings together regional and international practitioners from academia, industry, private sector and policy makers to discuss pertinent issues on Africa’s health and nutrition. SANBio 2019 will mark the ending of BioFISA II by reflecting on the programmes’ 4 years of collaboration, activities, and achievements, while also inaugurating a new partnership between SANBio and Hivos. More information on the event and participation.
- Call for Papers for Gender Studies 2019 Conference now open. The conference, organized under the rubric On Violence, teakes place from 24 to 26 October 2019. Read the call for papers here.
- Sustainability Science Days 2019 are now open for registrations! The event, which takes place from 9 to 10 May 2019 is organized in collaboration between Helsinki Institute of Sustainability Science HELSUS and Aalto Sustainability Hub. Register here and see the programme here.
- Heikki Lyytinen's UNESCO chair extended. The JYU emeritus professor in developmental neuropsychology holds the chair for another four-year term from 2019 to 2023. Read more here.
Upcoming Events - Finland
Upcoming Events - International
ESASTAP 2020: Reflecting on ESASTAP's Past and Future. 12 April 2019. Brussels, Belgium.
Fifth session of the Africa Regional Forum on Sustainable Development. 16 April 2019. Marrakech, Morocco.
FAUBAI 2019 Conference. 13-17 April 2019. Belém, Brazil.
The 2019 SDG Investment Fair. 15-17 April 2019. New York, United States.
Global Festival of Action. 2-4 May 2019. Bonn, Germany.
Exco2019 - The International Cooperation Expo. 15-17 May 2019. Rome, Italy.
SANBio-BioFISA II Annual Networking Event. 21-22 May 2019. Pretoria, South Africa.
Postcolonial and Decolonial Reception of European Thought: Decolonising Classics. 6-7 June 2019. Bristol, United Kingdom.
Joint Nordic Conference on Development Research: Knowledge Production in North-South Collaboration: challenges in an Era of Global Divides. 27-28 June 2019. Copenhagen, Denmark.
SANORD 2019: Role of Higher Education and Research institutions in forging sustainable livelihoods. 11-13 September 2019. Gaborone, Botswana.
Erasmus+ Youth in Action: Youth Work for Resilience training. Cimo. Application period closes on 31 March 2019.