News and Highlights
UniPID News & Events
News on UniPID's FinCEAL Plus activities
- UniPID hosts a panel at the Spring Forum for International Affairs. The panel discussion explores the status of global responsibility in the Finnish international strategy for higher education and research at the Spring Forum for International Affairs, organized 17-18 May 2018 at Jyväskylä. Read more here.
- UniPID and partners host sessions at the SANORD conference organized at the University of Jyväskylä 15-17 August 2018. Register for the conference here by 31 May to get early bird discount.
- UniPID and Finnish National Agency for Education (Opetushallitus) host a panel under the rubric How to Create Equal Partnerships within Nordic-Southern African Cooperation?
- UniPID and National Union of University Students in Finland (SYL) co-organize a workshop titled Students' academic citizenship and rights in North-South academic collaboration.
- Rolling call for UniPID DocNet membership open! If you are a doctoral student dealing with development topics or themes, consider applying for DocNet membership. More information and application form can be found here.
News from our member universities
- ENRICH in China are holding a webinar on the science, technology and innovation funding landscape on 24 April 2018. The webinar be presented by Alessio Petino who is one of the authors of the excellent 'Guide for EU stakeholders on Chinese national S&T funding programmes' which describes the five main pillars of the Chinese national funding system for science, technology and innovation, explaining the rules for international participation and proposing recommendations for European stakeholders. See webinar programme and registration here. Apply for a travel grant from FinCEAL if you're interested!
- FinCEAL+ Grants still available - apply now! Researchers can apply anytime for any of the following: Travel Grants, Event Grants, Project Preparatory Grants and Research Visit Grants. The planned activity must be related to cooperation with African, Asian or LAC partners, in any of the FinCEAL+ regional thematic areas. We encourage interested researchers to apply for grants as soon as possible, as the Call will most likely be closed by summer 2018. More information here.
- Aalto the first university in Finland to sign Sustainable Development Goals Accord. By signing, the institution commits to promoting the UN Sustainable Development Goals in its teaching, reserarch, innovation activities, and campus development. Read the full article at Aalto University website.
- Aalto Sustainability Day on 18 May 2018. The event, organized at the Aalto University Otaniemi campus aims to tackle complex ecological and social challenges through systemic disruptive innovations. Read the full description and register here.
- PhD course at the University of Eastern Finland: Environmental collaboration and conflict resolution -The crossroads of forestry, ecosystem services and wildlife. The course runs from 20 to 24 August, and is organized at the University of Eastern Finland Joensuu campus. Read more and apply here by 13 May 2018!
- SANORD 2018 Conference registration is now open! We are happy to announce that registration is now open for SANORD 2018 conference. The event, hosted by University of Jyväskylä, takes place on 15-17 August 2018. Get to know the conference themes and programme here. Register before 31 May to get the early bird rate!
Upcoming Events - Finland
Remittances: Economic and non-economic contributions sent by international migrants. 8 May 2018. Helsinki, Finland.
Botswana Business Breakfast Event. 9 May 2018. Helsinki, Finland.
Sustainability Science Days 2018. 16-18 May 2018. Helsinki and Espoo, Finland. Register here.
Aalto Sustainability Day. 18 May 2018. Aalto University, Espoo, Finland. Register here.
Finnish-Eritrean HEI ICI collaboration: celebrating results for quality higher education. 21 May 2018. Helsinki, Finland. Registration required.
STI Forum 2018 - Third annual Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the SDGs. 5-6 June 2018. New York.
LDRN PhD Course 2018: Resilience and Equality - questions for the North and the South. 11-15 June 2018. Turku, Finland.
PAD - Participatory Development through Art conference. 15-17 August 2018. Rovaniemi, Finland.
11th Annual SANORD 2018 Conference: Academic Citizenship Recognition, Resilience or Resistance? 15-17 August 2018. Jyväskylä, Finland.