When Ebony ate rat poison she needed urgent treatment
An accident nearly took Ebony’s life, but thanks to VHS supporters she was able to get the emergency care she needed. This young poodle mix was visiting a family member’s home and playing in the yard when she managed to find and eat some nearby rat poison. Upon discovering this, her guardian rushed her to the vet for bloodwork and a course of vitamin K shots to counteract the poison. Ebony’s caregiver is on a fixed income and couldn’t afford the treatment, so she reached out to VHS for assistance... Read more...