Louisiana Lawmakers Vote Family Values!
Gene Mills, President, Louisiana Family Forum
For Immediate Release:
Baton Rouge, La.— Louisiana Family Forum released the 2014 Legislative Scorecard today, which provides an essential tool for Louisiana residents to evaluate each member of the Louisiana House and Senate on key policy votes.
“LFF selects votes, which offer a snapshot of primarily social, limited government and free enterprise issues Louisiana lawmakers dealt with in the most recent legislative session,” Gene Mills, President of LFF, said. “We hope each concerned citizen uses this scorecard to analyze how well their lawmakers are representing Louisiana family values!”
Eleven Senators and 16 Representatives earned the Outstanding Family Advocate award by scoring 100 percent on LFF’s Scorecard. These 27 Legislators will receive LFF’s coveted Patrick Henry Award in a special ceremony during the 2014 Annual Legislative Awards Banquet Thursday, September 18, 2014, at The Healing Place Church Arena in Baton Rouge.
An additional 56 Legislators–14 Senators and 42 Representatives—will be honored during LFF’s Awards Banquet with the Family Advocate award by scoring 80 to 99 percent on LFF's Scorecard.
Life and Liberty Awards are given each year to legislators who authored and successfully passed key legislation that promotes life and liberty. Award recipients are as follows:
“The votes represented on the LFF Scorecard clearly illustrate that public awareness and feedback are vitally important to Louisiana’s future. We are living in a time when it is of utmost importance to preserve the principles of life, liberty and limited government. I appreciate these lawmakers for representing their districts with excellence and honoring the principles that LFF advocates on behalf of,” Mills said.
- Sen. AG Crowe-SB 312, Parents' Bill of Rights in Education.
- Rep. Neil Abramson-HB 1025, Protection for Victims of Sexual Exploitation.
- Rep. Joe Harrison- HB 1058, Down Syndrome Awareness Act.
- Rep. Cameron Henry-HB 1269, Government Whistleblower Protection Act.
- Rep. Frank Hoffmann-HB 305, Prohibits Abortion Providers in Classrooms.
- Rep. Barry Ivey-HB 1262, Informed Consent of Psychological Impact of Abortion.
- Rep. Katrina Jackson-HB 388, Requires Abortionists Have Admitting Privileges.
- Rep. John Schroder-HB 988, Local Control of School Curriculum and Content.
- Rep. Scott Simon-HB 1254, End of Life Care Act.
- Rep. Julie Stokes-HB 569, Creates Human Trafficking Courts.
- Rep. Kirk Talbot-HB 780, Voucher Program eligibility in Student Tuition Organizations.
Louisiana Family Forum, the “voice for traditional families in Louisiana” is dedicated to preserving faith, family and freedom in Louisiana through research, communication and networking. The organization is a 501(c)(3) tax-deductible non-profit and is the statewide affiliate of Focus on the Family.
Questions or comments about LFF or LFFA? Contact us via email, phone or postal mail.