|Let There Be Light
Content for the win | Vol. 4, No. 12
Happy Winter Solstice! Today is the shortest, darkest day of the year. From here, we start to slowly gain more light each day until June 21st.
As we celebrate the holidays, log another year on Earth and continue our journey towards a new year and more light, let's revisit the wisdom of ancient Greek philosopher, Epicurus, and his thinking on what makes people happy. At the heart of Epicurus’ philosophy is a simple thought: Humans aren’t very good at knowing what will make us happy, and we are drawn towards material things when seeking happiness.
Epicurus suggests three things for a fulfilled life, and material possessions is not one of them.
Here's wishing you joyous times with friends and family, and the freedom to reflect this holiday season. It's a great time for setting new goals and to consider what matters the most in life, and how we can help one another achieve our mutually beneficial dreams.
- First, we need friends. A community. Fellow humans beings. Connection.
- Next, we need freedom, and most importantly, economic freedom achieved through self-sufficiency.
- Finally, we must strive towards an analyzed life. This requires that we make time to reflect.
Darby's Is Helping To Pilot The Vessel
Darby Strong is now strengthening Bonehook's offerings on a full-time basis. We are family, and like many Americans, we run a family business.
Darby brings an impressive background in project management and account service (for Nike and many others). For instance, she recently launched and managed the Customer Success team at Portland tech startup Little Bird, where she helped companies like Gates Foundation, Walmart, Comcast, and IBM formulate their social media engagement strategies.
Darby's first big project for Bonehook is to help create and manage a new recruitment advertising campaign for Danville Services of Oregon. More news on this front in 2016...
Bonehook is a guide service and bait shop for brands. We help you find, shape and share your best brand stories. To charter an expedition into customer-rich waters, please call 503-970-3862.
- Put this on the coffee table: The Unseen Drawings of Kurt Vonnegut.
- Are you a good manager? "Good managers spend much of their time anticipating challenges, negotiating political situations, and creating a roadmap that pulls together what each team member is working on independently," says Katy Tynan.
- Five tools for the brainy social media manager (the graphic above was made with Canva, one of the tools listed).
- Lessons learned from 25 years working in a video store.
- What great storytellers provide: "A glimpse into a deeper truth."
- The majority of people (87%) have not heard of the term ‘Internet of Things’.
- Last year, Facebook more than doubled its daily video views to 8 billion, reportedly overtaking YouTube as the number one video platform.
- Do you follow Bonehook on Facebook? We do B2B on the FB.