Events for carers
Personal Independent Payments (PiP) workshop
With Hastings Advice and Representation Centre (HARC)
Date: Tuesday 29 January, 11am – 1pm
Venue: Project Art Works, Arch 1 Event Space, 3 Braybrooke Terrace, Hastings, TN34 1TD.
This session will cover:
- Personal Independence Payments (PIP) and the change over from Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Help with the application process
- Support with medical assessments
Peer Support Network Summit: Wednesday 13 February, 1.30 – 4.30pm. Focus on independent representation for families and carers supporting children and adults with complex support needs.
To book your place at either event, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01424 423555.
New carers' wellbeing courses now open
Caring, whether full or part time can leave little space for thinking let alone doing anything about your own wellbeing - find out more and book a WRAP course to help focus on what it is you need to stay well and look after yourself. Courses are free of charge and open to any carer living in East Sussex.
Bexhill: 6 week course starts Monday 21 January, 10am - 1pm
Uckfield: 6 week course starts Tuesday 22 January, 10am - 12.30pm
Contact: Molly Booth 07507 734 370 or email@example.com // Lucy Tucknott 07598 323 254 or firstname.lastname@example.org
St Peter & St James Hospice carers' events
- Oasis is a network for carers connected with St Peter & St James Hospice, on the second Monday of every month, 10:30am – 12 noon. Share your experiences, meet people in a similar situation, join carer relaxation sessions and benefit from reflexology or Reiki treatments.
- Ambles is a series of monthly walks and talks at Sheffield Park and Garden for carers connected with St Peter & St James Hospice. Meet outside Sheffield Park reception at 10.45am for an 11am start. Or just turn up on the day - next session is Thursday 7 February 2019.
Contact Paula on 01444 470723 or email email@example.com
Carers' Information Courses for mental health carers
Do you support someone who lives with mental health issues? Do you sometimes feel alone or on edge? Meet other family and friend carers, receive mutual support and practical advice for caring someone with a mental health issue at these courses supported by The ICE Project.
Venue: Bexhill Wellbeing Centre, 73a London Road, Bexhill, East Sussex, TN39 3LB
Date: 8 weeks from Fri 22nd Feb to 12th Apr 2019
To book call/text Jane 07483133543 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: Faraday House, 1 Faraday Close, (Hampden Park) Eastbourne BN22 9BH
Date: Thurs 14th, 21st, 28th March & 4th April 2019
To book call/text Alan 07435 786182 or email@example.com