10. 2017's home design trends are all about creating lush spaces by taking traditional designs and making them modern with unique color, texture and material choices. Shouchikubai is one of our favorite contemporary neutral wallpapers.
9. As far as color, experts suggest grays with warm beige undertones for living rooms and kitchens, and bold reds and rich caramels for bedrooms.
Kitchen Designed by: Chris Arelt, Nautilus Architects
8. When it comes to remodeling, homeowners are favoring upgrades that make day-to-day life more convenient and luxurious.
7. Go au naturel with our favorite color for 2017, Lichen, which is available exclusively at Farrow & Ball.
Lichen: Click swatch to watch a brief video about the inspiration behind Lichen.
6. Black Steel in unexpected places!
Black Steel Staircase Designed by: Chris Arelt, Nautilus Architects
5. Designers and homeowners alike are favoring saturated jewel tones (such as emerald green and sapphire blue) in artwork, furniture and other home accessories.
4. Brass hardware is making a well deserved comeback!
3. Use Pure Black for pieces in your design composition that you want to deemphasize.
2. Colorful Vintage Inspired Appliances add a vibrant hue to your kitchen like this one from Bertazzoni.
And the Number 1 Design Trend for 2017:
Built-in Coffee bars
Bring the party home with a sleek built-in coffee bar or bar.
The trend, which is a twist on 2016’s bar cart trend, is the perfect addition for homeowners who love to entertain. The bars add instant pizzazz to an otherwise traditional kitchen, plus offer built-in shelving for espresso, cocktail fixings, drinks, glasses and everything you’ll need for a cozy morning or ritzy night in.
Cheers and Happy New Year!