Mount Olive Blood Drive
Join Mount Olive’s Health & Wellness and Service Teams and the BloodCenter of Wisconsin for a blood drive!
THURSDAY, JUNE 3rd
Fellowship Hall -- 3-7 p.m.
Almost anyone can donate blood. Basic requirements for donating include being at least 17 years old, weighing at least 110 lbs., and in generally good health. It takes about an hour to donate, and with one donation, you can save up to three lives. Walk-ins are also welcome. BloodCenter of Wisconsin is the only provider of blood to 55 Wisconsin hospitals in 28 counties. Pat Vandehey
To make sure we can continue to have in-person worship so that everyone will be safe, here are the essentials you need to know:
- In-Person Worship Times: 8 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. (please note the 7:45 service has been moved to 8 a.m.)
- Online Worship: 9 a.m. (login info below)
- Masks are required while in the building and during worship.
- On entering the building everyone is asked to sanitize their hands.
- To maintain social distancing, max capacity set for the sanctuary is 50. There is additional seating for 15 in the narthex. Ushers will help with seating as needed.
- After worship we ask that everyone immediately exit the building to help maintain social distancing and to allow time for sanitizing.
Some things that are different, for now:
- The worship service will be about 30 minutes.
- Communion will be in the pews.
- There will be no congregational singing.
Now we need volunteers for the following ministry tasks: Ushers, A/V Operators, Sanitizers, and Altar Guild.
If you would like to serve in one of these ways, please contact:
- Ushers: Bruce Gunderson
-Sanitizers: Tim Sperstad
-Altar Guild: Eva Schindhelm
-AV Operators: church office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
In-Person Worship & HC @ 8 & 10:15 a.m.
Online Worship @ 9 a.m.
Login to Sunday Morning eWorship -- 9 a.m.
3 ways to participate in Worship Live
Streaming on Facebook, YouTube or via Zoom
To join Zoom go to: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/381324477
Or by phone: +1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 381 324 477
Remember Sunday eWorship is also available any time on Facebook or YouTube
Pr. Scot is ALWAYS available for you. Please never hesitate to contact him. He’d love to hear from you!
ZOOM (video conferencing) for one-on-one meetings only: https://zoom.us/j/9456940896
Bible Study -- Wednesdays @ 9–10 a.m. (will also be livestreamed via Zoom)
If you wish to join us via Zoom, please contact the church office for the login info.
Altar Guild – Help Wanted
Altar Guild is in need of volunteers, and it's never been easier to be part of this ministry - no pottery to wash, no linens to launder, set-up at your convenience! If interested, contact Eva Schindhelm or the church office (363-8251 or email@example.com). Thank you!
Please join us on Tuesday, June 8th, at 1 p.m. at Mount Olive for a conversation on the Neighbor-to-Neighbor program.
If you would like more information about it, please contact Karen Sperstad.
Grief can and does enter our lives in a huge variety of ways. You are invited to attend either one of these groups for very informal discussions in a safe place and supportive environment. Please feel free to call if you would like further information, login Zoom info, or have any questions: Betty Hinkelman.
- Thursday Group: The meeting is on the first and third Thursdays of each month beginning at 6:30 p.m. Attendance is at Mount Olive in the Fellowship Hall or on ZOOM, whichever you are comfortable with. June’s dates are Thursday, June 3rd & 17th.
- Monday Group: This group meets monthly in person at Mount Olive in the Fellowship Hall on the last Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. June’s date is Monday, June 28th.
Gather Small Group Bible Study
Welcome to our once-a-month small group gathering! In June, we will have faithful conversation centering on the first of 3 sessions using JUST LOVE part 2: JUST L.I.F.E. (Liberation Is For Everyone!) by Angela Khabeb
9:30 a.m. in the MTO Fellowship Hall or via Zoom
Tuesday, June 8th
Please contact the MTO office for zoom log-in information. All are invited! Other questions? Please contact Cindy Dobberke cindy.dobberk firstname.lastname@example.org. This three-session summer Bible study series is inspired, in part, by Jesus’ proclamations: “If the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed” (John 8:36) and “I came that they might have life, and have it abundantly” (John 10:10). Session 1, “Just Wisdom,” delves into how God can open our hearts and minds to a spiritual understanding that is not bound by our human comprehension. Just Wisdom comes to us through reverence for our awesome God. Our key verse for the first session informs us: “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom” (Proverbs 9:10). Together we will consider our faithful response to Wisdom’s invitation.
Ladies Book Club
Mount Olive’s Ladies Book Club will meet next on Wednesday, June 9th, at 2 p.m., @ Mount Olive or via Zoom. They will be discussing “How to Stop Time” by Matt Haig. Please contact the church office for the Zoom login. All are welcome…even if you haven’t read the book! If you have any questions, please contact Diane Dickey or the church office at 363-8251.
Are you looking for a space to open to the wonder of God through the Scriptures and prayer? Please consider these two offerings led by Betty Hinkelman. No prior experience necessary, contact Betty for details and Zoom log-in information. If you have interest, but these require alternative times, contact Betty as well.
- Lectio Divina (Divine Reading) -- Group meets June 7th & 14th at 11 a.m., in person and via Zoom.
- Centering Prayer -- will meet on June 14th & 28th at 11 a.m., in person and via Zoom.
Care Needs As the pandemic continues and there is much uncertainty in our lives and communities, please know that Mount Olive is a resource for you to draw on. Please contact Pastor Scot, Debbie in the Mount Olive office or Cindy Dobberke if you find yourself in need.
Invitation to Pray
Lectio Divina is being offered three times a week as follows:
Anyone interested in praying together please call Betty Hinkelman or simply come as listed above. No experience necessary! Looking forward to praying with Scripture together.
- On the first & third Mondays of each month @ 11 a.m. (ongoing throughout the year)
- Wednesdays thru June 30th -- at 6:30 p.m. (5/19 – 6/30)
- Fridays from May 28th thru July 2nd – at 11 a.m. via Zoom (5/28 – 7/2)
- Wednesday, June 2nd –
- Weekly Text Study 9am
- Invitation to Pray 6:30pm
- Thursday, June 3rd –
- Blood Drive 3-7pm
- Grief Support Group 6:30pm
- Sunday, June 6th --
- Worship & HC 8am
- Online Worship 9am
- Worship & HC 10:15am
- Monday, June 7th –
- Lectio Divina 11am
- Service Team 6pm
- Tuesday, June 8th –
- Gather Small Group Bible Study 9:30am
- AMMPARO Meeting 1pm
- Wednesday, June 9th –
- Weekly Text Study 9am
- Ladies Book Club 2pm
- Invitation to Pray 6:30pm
- Thursday, June 10th -- MCC Food Pantry 9:30am
- Mailing your offering to the office: Mount Olive Lutheran Church, 211 Main Street, Mukwonago, WI 53149
- Donating via our webpage: Make a one-time or recurring donation. Any recurring donation will require you to register if you don’t already have a Simply Giving account. Contact Debbie in the office if you need any help with the webpage…262-363-8251.