100th Anniversary/Outdoor Worship
On May 8, 1921, the congregation of Mount Olive Lutheran Church was officially formed. We will begin our anniversary year with an outdoor worship service (weather permitting) this Sunday, May 9th, at 10:15 a.m.
Bring your lawn chairs as we gather in the parking lot outside the main entrance. We will maintain our six feet of distance and wear masks, but we can sing to our hearts content! Hope to see you there!
A word about parking. The driveway entrance off Main Street will be closed to allow for seating. Please use street parking, the lower level parking lot entrance off Henry Street, or the lot at Little Lambs Daycare.
If you prefer to remain in your car, the worship service will be aired over the FM radio dial at 89.3, The Tree.
We have now begun in-person worship!
To make sure we can continue to have in-person worship so that everyone will be safe, here are the essentials you need to know:
- In-Person Worship Times: 7:45 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.
- Online Worship: 9 a.m. (login info below)
- Masks are required while in the building and during worship.
- On entering the building everyone is asked to sanitize their hands.
- To maintain social distancing, max capacity set for the sanctuary is 50. There is additional seating for 15 in the narthex. Ushers will help with seating as needed.
- After worship we ask that everyone immediately exit the building to help maintain social distancing and to allow time for sanitizing.
Some things that will be different, for now, are:
- The worship service will be about 30 minutes.
- Communion will be in the pews.
- There will be no congregational singing.
Now we need volunteers for the following ministry tasks: Ushers, A/V Operators, Sanitizers, and Altar Guild. If you would like to serve in one of these ways, contact Eva Schindhelm (363-8527 or email@example.com) or the church office (363-8251 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
In-Person Worship & HC @ 7:45 & 10:15 a.m.
Online Worship @ 9 a.m.
Login to Sunday Morning eWorship -- 9 a.m.
3 ways to participate in Worship Live
Streaming on Facebook, YouTube or via Zoom
To join Zoom go to: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/381324477
Or by phone: +1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 381 324 477
Remember Sunday eWorship is also available any time on Facebook or YouTube
Pr. Scot is ALWAYS available for you. Please never hesitate to contact him. He’d love to hear from you!
ZOOM (video conferencing) for one-on-one meetings only: https://zoom.us/j/9456940896
Kids’ Time Every Sunday
Kids’ Time will remain following online worship at 9 a.m. Please join us!
Let us know if anyone in your family has had a birthday in the past week that we can help celebrate.
Bible Study -- Wednesdays @ 9–10 a.m. (will also be livestreamed via Zoom)
If you wish to join us via Zoom, please contact the church office for the login info.
|What Are the Grads Doing?”
We will be blessing our graduating students this June as they move into the next phase of their life. If you have a family member of any age graduating at any time from the fall of 2020 through the spring of 2021 from high school, technical school, college, or grad school, please inform the church office regarding their plans for the future. This includes those headed away or remaining in the Mukwonago area. Please help us celebrate our grads in a meaningful way! And if you have any questions, please contact the church office at 363-8251 or email@example.com
Gather Small Group Bible Study
You are invited to join a small group Bible Study using Gather magazine, this month exploring faith with: “The journey of generations” by Violet Cucciniello Little
Tuesday, May 11th
9:30 a.m., in the Mount Olive Fellowship Hall
or join us via Zoom (Please contact Cindy Dobberke (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or for the zoom link.)
Criss Jami, a young philosopher, poet and founder of his own line of clothing, said, “We often hear about stepping outside ourselves, but rarely about stepping outside our generation.” In “The journey of generations”, we will look at the shared blessings that intergenerational relationships might bring. There will be scripture passages to guide us, stories that might spark your own recollections, and questions for your reflection. May this devotional be your invitation not only to step outside your generation, but to bring the wonder of who you are to someone not matching you in years.
Ladies Book Club
Mount Olive’s Ladies Book Club will meet next on Wednesday, May 12th, at 2 p.m., @ Mount Olive or via Zoom. They will be discussing “Sold on a Monday” by Kristina McMorris. Please contact the church office for the Zoom login. All are welcome…even if you haven’t read the book! If you have any questions, please contact Diane Dickey or the church office at 363-8251.
Grief can and does enter our lives in a huge variety of ways. You are invited to attend either one of these groups for very informal discussions in a safe place and supportive environment. Please feel free to call if you would like further information, login Zoom info, or have any questions: Betty Hinkelman.
- Thursday Group: The meeting is on the first and third Thursdays of each month beginning at 6:30 p.m. Attendance is at Mount Olive in the Fellowship Hall or on ZOOM, whichever you are comfortable with. May’s dates are Thursday, May 6th & 20th.
- Monday Group: This group meets monthly in person at Mount Olive in the Fellowship Hall on the last Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. May’s date is Monday, May 24th.
Are you looking for a space to open to the wonder of God through the Scriptures and prayer? Please consider these two offerings led by Betty Hinkelman. No prior experience necessary, contact Betty for details and Zoom log-in information. If you have interest, but these require alternative times, contact Betty as well.
- Lectio Divina (Divine Reading) -- Group meets May 17th at 11 a.m., in person and via Zoom.
- Centering Prayer -- will meet on May 10th & 24th at 11 a.m., in person and via Zoom.
Care Needs As the pandemic continues and there is much uncertainty in our lives and communities, please know that Mount Olive is a resource for you to draw on. Please contact Pastor Scot, Debbie in the Mount Olive office or Cindy Dobberke if you find yourself in need.
Invitation to Prayer
I never intended that this much time would go by before offering an additional opportunity to learn more about prayer. Today, I invite you again to “Come and See” as we pray together with Sacred Scripture. Beginning on Wednesday, May 19th, for six weeks we will practice together the prayer practice of Lectio Divina. The format for this will be to experience this ancient prayer practice. Join me while we listen to God speak as we savor Sacred Text in this unique way. Praying through Scripture enables us to cultivate, through Lectio, the capacity to listen deeply for God in the whole of life. I look forward to praying together.
Beginning Wednesday, May 19, 2021
From 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Ending June 30, 2021
If you are interested, contact Betty Hinkelman. If you would like to join in the prayer but the time slot is not working for you, let me know as well.
- Wednesday, May 5th – Wednesday Evening Bible Study 6:30pm
- Thursday, May 6th – Grief Support Group 6:30pm
- Friday, May 7th – Knotty Knitters 10am
- Saturday, May 8th –
- Happy 100 Years MTO
- AoB 2pm
- Sunday, May 9th –
- Worship & HC 7:45am
- Online Worship 9am
- Outdoors Worship & HC 10:15am
- Monday, May 10th –
- Centering Prayer 11am
- Church Council 6:30pm
- Tuesday, May 11th – Gather Small Group Bible Study 9:30am
- Wednesday, May 12th –
- Weekly Text Study 9am
- Ladies Book Club 2pm
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study 6:30pm
- Thursday, May 13th – MCC Food Pantry* 9:30am
- Friday, May 14th – Knotty Knitters 10am
Face Mask Ministry
Need a cloth face mask? They are available through the Mount Olive office, courtesy of the Mount Olive Mask Making Ministry. Please contact the office at 363-8251 for sizing (regular, large, or children’s) and to place your order.
- Mailing your offering to the office: Mount Olive Lutheran Church, 211 Main Street, Mukwonago, WI 53149
- Donating via our webpage: Make a one-time or recurring donation. Any recurring donation will require you to register if you don’t already have a Simply Giving account. Contact Debbie in the office if you need any help with the webpage…262-363-8251.