Wood calls for Banducci resignation thru Press
The Coeur d'Alene Press ran an article today about a letter NIC board member, and CDA City Councilman, Christie Wood wrote to the CDA Press yesterday afternoon, calling for the immediate resignation of chair Todd Banducci. Wood writes that his "inappropriate, aggressive, or threatening behavior" has forced her to speak out to "not remain silent or cover up behavior that could affect the college, employees, and the trust of our students."
Paraphrasing the behavior that Woods could not remain silent about in the Press we have:
Sticks and stones.....
- Questioning the President's contractual responsibilities, board agenda, and performance.
- Said that the President's wife was a "Hillary Clinton supporter."
- Said that he and the President should meet more often to give "marching orders."
- Said he intended to change Covid operating decisions.
- Supposedly physically assaulted a female college employee at an event that, according to the President, at the time didn't seem like anything but now seems to be an "assault." A "verbal assault" was apart of the "incident." (I say supposedly here because I haven't seen the actual incident report that, if an assault, should have been filled out at the time of the incident.)
- He is putting pressure on President to change NIC decisions, like allowing the wrestling team to compete.
- In 2012 - 9 years ago - supposedly pointed to Wood and said he'd like to take her outside and kick her a**. (I say supposedly because there's no board meeting video posted on YouTube, and the minutes from 2012 were not readily available online.)
Vice Chair Greg Mackenzie was able to comment in the Press and said, "Trustee Wood and Trustee Banducci are very different people that regularly have conflicting viewpoints on the same situation. I think it is wrong for Trustee Wood to call for Trustee Banducci's resignation. Representatives in government often disagree and challenge each other, yet their constituents expect them to do their job and work for the betterment of all."
If you've paid attention to the players, there is a decisive split that happened after this last election. The NIC board is now effectually more conservative than ever before and from my perspective it's looking like those that have been around for a while don't like that more conservative effort. Personally, I feel that Christie Wood is trying to get Todd Banducci off the board so there's a balance of power back to the RINOs. If you've ever met Todd, he's just an extremely loud person in general and a lot to handle if you're not used to that.
I urge you to read the article and make up your own mind about the situation at hand. I've taken a bullet and clicked through to the CDA Press website so that you didn't have to. The entire article is below. After reading, if you would like to email the board and president your feelings on whether or not Todd Banducci should resign.
Full board: firstname.lastname@example.org
President Rick MacLennan: Rick.MacLennan@nic.edu
The next board meeting is NEXT WEDNESDAY, 1/25, and if you would like to sign up for public comment (which I highly recommend you do) you may email Shannon Goodrich at email@example.com