Dear <<First Name>>,
As a program alum, you're first to hear of re-envisioning Way of the Spirit for our times. Details below. I hope you'll want to stay connected, invite new participants, and join in these options yourself.
With gratitude and hope,
- Aug 15 4:00-5:0 pm PT: Way of the Spirit Interest Group about new fall-winter online mini-courses
- Aug 22, Saturday 9:30am-1:30pm PT: Alumni Koinonia Retreat
- Oct 3, 17, & 31 Annual WotS Alumni Retreat
- 2020-21 Mini-Courses Online: Three Saturday mornings of learning, reflection, and prayer. Additional individual accompaniment session, plus web community:
- Listen—Personal Spiritual Awareness and Discernment. Nov 21, Dec 5, 12, 2020
- Forgive—Relationships in the Holy Spirit: Jan 16, 30, Feb 13, 2021
- Accompany—Foster Sacred Conversations: Mar 6, 20, Apr 10, 2021
- Be Led—Spiritual Discernment and Everyday Ministry: May 1, 15, 22, 2021
October Alumni Retreat Online
There will be no in-person retreat for alumni at the end of October. Shalom at the Monastery is closed indefinitely. We will miss the Sisters and their hospitable, contemplative venue!
Instead, we'll gather online over the miles for three Saturday mornings in October. With guest presenter, Jan Wood, we'll dive into how spiritual giftedness works within and between people. Join us to explore far beyond the basics offered during past Way of the Spirit retreats. Jan's breadth of wisdom opens a Life-giving paradigm, especially for communities under stress. Your special guests are most welcome.
Spiritual Giftedness in Community: A Holy Dance
- Saturdays, October 3, 17, 31, 2020: 9:30-1:30pm Pacific Time
- Content progresses each Saturday, not repeated
- Built in 30 minute break and regular shorter breaks
- Interactive, varied, collaborative, prayerful
- Recognize and consecrate your unique spiritual giftedness
- Discover how your gifts “fit” in the holy dance of God’s action in community.
- Experience the freedom of our interdependent giftedness.
- Reflect with readings, dialogue, and guided exercises
- Participate in koinonia groups and optional personal spiritual accompaniment with staff between Saturday sessions.
- Fees: $450
- Details and Registration here
What is Spiritual Giftedness?
From Jan Wood:
It is a piece of God’s heart and power flowing through us. It is a gift from the Holy Spirit for us to offer to others. It is given because God chooses it for us. It is God’s design to partner with God’s people in transforming/redeeming the earth and all its peoples. ...while everyone is gifted and all are motivated by giftedness in some fashion, the fullness of God's love and goodness becomes a life-giving, artesian spring flowing through us when we are aware and intentional about being connected with God's heart and Spirit.