Hi <<First Name>>,
Thank you so much for supporting the Karioi Project over the years. No matter how you are involved, we are so lucky to have so many people and organisations working together to restore Karioi. This email is to give you an update on the exciting things we've been doing with sponsorship and funding.
Over the past 10 years, we have relied mostly on grants to fund our activities and we've achieved so much! Unfortunately, grants aren't always a certainty, so we wanted to shake things up a bit in 2019!
Here are a few things we've been doing:
- Commercialising our trapping services - offering pest control to businesses and the Raglan community with 100% of profits going back into our trapping program.
- Creating an after-school care program at Raglan Area School with 100% of profits going back into our education programs.
- Partnering with events like the Karioi Classic (July 2019) and The Karioi Trail (Dec 2019) and encouraging riders/runners to get friends and family to sponsor their ride through the everydayhero platform.
- Listing a trademe charity auction to fund our seabird dog visit (we received over 14,000 views!).
- Creating the "Adopt a Burrow" initiative - a way for businesses, families or individuals to support what we do with regular donations, specifically around protecting 41 Oi burrows during breeding season (which is now!).
- Exploring business sponsorship partnerships.
As you can see, lots going on! Do any of the above strike a chord? If you'd like to connect with us about funding and sponsorship, we'd love to hear from you!
Here are a few examples where we'd love your help/support:
- Encouraging people to enter in The Karioi Trail run and Lugtons Round the Bridges race, sponsoring runners, or setting up a donation page and running yourself!
- Connecting us with businesses, groups or people who might be interested in business sponsorship or adopting a burrow for less than a coffee a day.
- Creating a donor engagement and communication strategy.
- Any event or initiative that you would like to create to help raise funds for the project!
Here is our wishlist
(things that could be provided through in-kind donations). And for those who want to know how to donate, it's simple and you can set-up a regular or one-off donation here
Thank you to all who have contributed to the Karioi Project with time, donations, and in-kind donations. We couldn't do it without you! Here's to the next 10 years!!
Love from all of us here at the Karioi Project.