Wednesday it is official! I will be sworn in as your new Ward 2 Alderman.
Some items of note:
1. Inauguration of the Mayor, Aldermen, and School Committee takes place Wed., January 1st at noon. If you would like to attend, please request a ticket (tickets are free) from the Mayor’s office. Click here for details.
2. I will continue Steve Linsky’s tradition of monthly office hours on the last Friday of the month at the Senior Center from 9-10am. The next one will be Friday January 31st.
3. A couple years ago I put together a Newtonville email listserve as an easy way for residents to keep one another informed. If you would like to be added to it, please send an email to Newtonvilleemail@example.com
4. I am transitioning my campaign website into an alderman website, in the hopes that it will be useful for constituents. I have added a “Ward 2 in the News” page that you might find fun. Please feel free to send me news items about our ward to add to it.
5. I just appeared with the 3 other newly elected Aldermen on the NewTV show “Newton Newsmakers” with host Charlie Shapiro. I believe it will start airing this week.
6. Thanks to volunteers from Newton North Little League, the Newtonville Community Ice Rink is up! It is located behind Gath Pool at Albemarle Field. Right now it is still a lake, but tomorrow or definitely by Wed. it should be frozen & skatable.
7. And last but definitely not least, here are some issues you told me you care about, and that I have begun to work on:
Thank you again for your support which made my victory possible.
- Austin St – Ensuring that whatever is built there is a benefit to the residents already living here
- 40 B: Moving the city toward compliance
- Crosswalk safety
- Snow removal – ensuring that sidewalks remain passable
- And a long list of constituent requests
I now work for YOU! Do not hesitate to contact me for any reason… I very much look forward to working with you to make our village, and our city, even better.
I wish you and your family a happy and healthy 2014.
With warmest regards,