Timberworks Europe complete a sustainable cricket pavilion for Cambourne Parish Council
CLIENT: Cambourne Parish Council
STATUS: Completed - Occupied April 2016
QUANTITY SURVEYOR; The Bremner Partnership LLP. www.bremnerpartnership.com
ARCHITECT & STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS; Ian Harban Consulting Engineers
EPC rating; A
Timberworks Europe Ltd took possession of the site in October 2015.
The aim of the project was to provide…
“The community with a purpose built cricket pavilion with changing rooms and catering facilities overlooking the cricket pitch. The building has also been designed to rent out to local organisations for events.”
Timberworks Europe were supplied with some planning drawings and asked to interpret these into working drawings for a contract with contractor’s design. The building has been primarily designed to operate as a cricket pavilion with changing room facilities, showers and w. c’s and a large open and vaulted function area with fine views over the cricket pitch. The building will also facilitate use by others when not in use by the Cricket Club.
Outside is a large carpark, pathways and level decking to the front of the building.
- The 150mm external SIP’s panels provide u-values of 0.22w/m2K, and the air permeability of the finished structure is estimated to be between 2 and 3 M3/m2/hr at 50pa.
- The building has wooden composite window frames which have argon filled double glazing throughout which deliver u-values of 1.2w/m2K.
- The roof panels provide u-values of 0.14w/m2K.
- The block & beam fully insulated and screeded floor with integral underfloor heating provide u-values of 0.18w/m2K
- The pavilion was fitted with a 14KW air source unit and an 8KW solar photovoltaic system on one side of the roof.
Timberworks Europe took possession of the site in Mid October. The building was delivered to site in mid November by which time the foundations, the block & beam floor and the services had been installed.
The building which was largely fabricated in closed panels was quickly watertight.
Even allowing for the Christmas break the building was handed over on the 18th March 2016.
Handover of the building which included soft and hard landscaping was 18th March 2016. So 17 weeks from delivery of the building to handover including the Christmas break.
The 2015 autumn gales and wet weather impeded the build but less so than if the build was conventional which proves our theory that our panel system makes a winter build more possible and with minimum mess.
If you would like to speak to any of the team about a project that you might have then please call;
EAST OF ENGLAND, NORTH EAST & SOUTH EAST – Tom Marriott – 07900672045
WALES, MIDLANDS & NORTH EAST – Justin Bentley – 07973347384
SOUTH WEST - Paddy Polglase - 07979508225
Timberworks Europe is a member of
(TRADA - the Timber Research & Development Association).