Your Monthly JHSC Download
The first snow in Jackson Hole has arrived and our athletes' motivation levels are running high! Here's what our kids are up to...
- Dryland and Europe Camp
- November Colorado Camp: Registration Closes Oct 20
- Head coaches' contacts
- We are hiring for coaches
- Read about these highlights and more in the full Alpine update HERE
- Freeride Program is up and running
- Dryland training 3-days/week with Nina Lex (DPT and Strength Coach) and Jeff Archibald (Former US Boardercross Head Coach and Strength Coach)
- Big Air / Gymnastics training every Tuesday this fall with Freeride Program's USASA Traveling Coaches, Matt Newton and Hunter Piggott
- Read about these highlights and more in the full Freeride update HERE
Student-Athlete Support (SAS)
- Concussion Testing deadline approaching: October 15
- Fall academic support at JHSC begins October 12
- Parent-Athlete Orientation Meetings begin this month!
- Read about these highlights and more in the full SAS update HERE
Nordic and Backcountry program updates will return next month.
Thai Me Up Ski Swap Coming In Hot!
Turn your gear into cash AND snag deep discounts on new & used gear: Nordic, alpine, freeski, snowboard, backcountry & more.
Gear to sell? You've got three days to drop it off:
Wed, Oct 13 & Thu, Oct 14 - Gear Drop
Fri, Oct 15 - Gear Drop
- JHSC Offices, Snow King Center, 100 East Snow King Ave
- 3:00pm - 7:00pm each day
- IMPORTANT: Items must be pre-tagged, tags available at JHSC Office starting Mon, Oct 11 9:30am-5:00pm
Sat, Oct 16 - Ski Swap at Heritage Arena opens 7:00am
- Heritage Arena, 305 East Snow King Ave
- Tags will be available on-site, items do not need to be pre-tagged, but it will save you time
There are a few volunteer shifts are still available, sign up at above link.
Bill Campbell Legacy Endowment Fund Launched
Bill Campbell fostered a deep passion for ski racing and believed wholeheartedly in the Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club and our mission of building Champions in sport and life.
Bill served loyally on our Board for 12 years, watching his grandkids progress through JHSC’s Alpine program, and participating in Pica’s Margarita Cups, Ski Balls, Ski Swaps, and Town Downhills. He was always smiling, joking, and willing to listen. Bill was an integral member of our JHSC community who never stopped thinking about the Club: it’s impact, its potential, and its long-term sustainability.
To honor Bill’s legacy and with the support and guidance from Bill’s loving family, the JHSC is thrilled to announce the Bill Campbell Legacy Endowment, an operating endowment that supports long-term sustainability and ensures accessibility to world-class ski & snowboard programming for future generations.
Donate and learn more HERE
Donations can also be made payable to “JHSC” and sent to PO Box 461, Jackson, WY 83001
Ski Ball Success
We greatly appreciate everyone's support with your silent auction bids and Grand Raffle ticket purchases. And thank you to our sponsors and our 100+ generous donors who made our silent auction a reality.
Lastly, congrats to our Grand Raffle Trip winner, Joanna Coolidge who won a trip to the Four Seasons Safari Lodge, Serengetit AND Four Seasons Mauritius at Anahita. Joanna is a five-year volunteer ski patroller at Snow King Mountain and a ski instructor at JHMR. Click HERE to see our Instagram post with the awesome story behind Joanna's win.
Skinny Skis 47th Anniversary To Benefit JHSC, Oct 28-31
Our partners, Skinny Skis are celebrating 47 years of serving the Jackson Hole community and will again be hosting a benefit to support the JHSC. Many people don't know this, but Skinny Skis was founded in 1974 with a mission to outfit the JHSC's Nordic Team. To learn more about Skinny Skis' history and connection to JHSC, click HERE.
Between October 28 - 31 Skinny Skis is donating 10% of all sales to the JHSC's Karen Oatey Scholarship Endowment Fund. In addition to the in-store benefit, they will also be hosting a raffle. We'll have our JHSC team on-site Friday, October 29 playing games and giving away prizes. See you on the 29th and don't forget your costume!
Old Bill's Success
Thank you to everyone who supported the 500 kids of the Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club through this year's Old Bills Fun Run. You make our 83-year tradition of building Champions in sport and life possible. Here's a quick show of appreciation from our kids...
Promote Your Business While Supporting JHSC
The Ski Club Card
membership program is Jackson Hole's original discount card and
the perfect way to promote your business while supporting JHSC’s 500 local youth. Cards are distributed to 8,000 locals and visitors, including every
JHMR pass holder. JHSC promotes the Ski Club Card year-round via our newsletter. Register your business today to...
- Increase your exposure
- Drive traffic through your doors
- Provide discounts to our community
- Support our 500 local student-athletes
The deadline to register your listing is October 15, 2021. Registration takes less than two minutes and is only $40 for the year. Register your benefit today to support JHSC's 500 local kids!
JHSC Alum Featured On Harvard's Site
JHSC Nordic team alumnus, Annabel Hagen now skis for the Harvard Nordic Team. She is currently featured on Harvard's Go Crimson website rocking a JH Nordic team headband. Looking good, Annabel, way to make us proud!
Winter is almost here and this is how we feel about it!