The design changes include
- Amendments to the configuration of the parking bays by Eden Shopping Centre (Newlands entrance) on Desborough Road to incorporate disabled bays & 2 shopmobility permit bays, including Dial-a-Ride & dedicated taxi rank bay. This includes the removal of the existing canopies above the disabled parking bays.
- An additional second taxi rank space east of the Gas Work Link junction on Lily’s Walk.
- A revised entrance location for Arts4Every1 centre without the need for bus stop amendments.
- A revised paving and footway design for the Eden Newlands entrance to minimise disruption and utilise granite paving.
- A revised phasing plan for the construction of the phase 2 works to ensure minimal disruption during the Christmas period. In brief this focuses work on the removal of the signals at the Desborough Road junction with Bridge Street earlier in the programme.
- Revised on street parking bay opposite West End Road to cater for two spaces. Including the widening of proposed on street parking bay.
- Realignment of parking bays and bus stop location on Desborough Road west of Westbourne Street.